Get ahead of the pack while hunting for a finance job by crafting a unique accounting cover letter. Prepare beforehand to grab the attention of the screener using a cover letter accounting example. Use these tips too to write the best cover letter for accounting to land that coveted interview you're looking forward to.
- # Accounting Cover Letter Template
- # Accounting Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Accounting Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Accounting Cover Letter Template
Free Accounting Cover Letter Template
Accounting Cover Letter Sample (Text)
4 Main Street, Dreamtown, MD 83040
Home: (555) 434-6876
February 13, 2018
Indigo Four Inc.
34 McKeon Road
Dreamtown, MD 75643
Dear Mr. Paterson,
This application is in reply to your advert on Indigo Four Inc.'s website for an Accountant Supervisor. I read your requirements and immediately felt you are describing my broad experience of 20 years, professional accounting background and extensive qualifications.
In the last 20 years as a Licensed and Certified Public Accountant and accomplished Financial Expert I have demonstrated professionalism and initiative in finance. My strong organizational skills and ability to solve complex problems have allowed me to manage critical projects transforming the financial growth and health of the organization.
This is very clear in the huge contributions I have accomplished in my current and past position where I have risen from a Junior Accountant, Branch Accountant to Supervising Accounting for three branches of Leyland Holdings. In my different roles I have documented branches processes, supervised periodic audits, carried extensive financial checks and coordinated massive internal and external projects worth over $10 billion in total. My successful supervisory roles have been well commended by the CEO and board of directors, particularly a recent internal audit that identified a $350 million loophole.
As a Brach Accountant, my professional ability was evident as I helped the branch boost its revenue by 10% in stock portfolio returns and accomplish total annual tax savings of $20,000. I intend to bring this steadfast and diligent attitude, strategic viewpoint and eye for enhancement in your company.
In addition to my academic and professional accomplishments detailed in the enclosed resume, I remain an active ACIPA and MDCSSPA member for over ten years. I have received the accountant of the year award 10 times in my current company and recognized countywide with the Bridgewater County extemporary award twice in five years. Whether tracking financial statistics and growth metrics, unearthing operational loopholes and inefficiencies or supervising periodic audits I am proud of always completing the task to the delight of my employer.
My family has moved to Dreamtown and I have already tendered my resignation from my previous employer due to the long 120-mile commute to Leyland Holdings headquarters where I was based. I am more than eager and ready to apply my experience, skills and proven professional track record to help your company accomplish its critical financial goals and growth. Granted the opportunity, I am sure to play my part profoundly well and drive the company to the top where it belongs.
You can get in touch with me by cell or mail to discuss the position and my skills further. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Tips for Writing Accounting Cover Letter
- While framing the accounting cover letter don't write from the perspective of how the job will benefit you but what you're bringing into the advertised position.
- Make the most of metrics/statistics as much as you can to clearly elaborate how your skills in accounting and finance have affected your past occupation.
- Come up with an individualized cover letter for accounting for every application you make to a different company. Ensure each document shows the strength of your accounting experience and skills and how that would support the potential employer's goals.
- Mentioning education is good but do avoid focusing on it too much. You can stick to accounting licenses or credentials mentioned in the requirements or required in your state/country.
- Where you lack certain competences required don't apologize for it or mention it. Rather, highlight other marketable competences that display your quick learning ability.
- As an accountant being technical comes naturally but don't overdo it that another accountant is needed to decipher your skills and accomplishments. Note that most screeners and hiring managers are not accountants.
- Avoid placing references on the cover letter accounting write-up. If you've not added references on your CV or resume use a separate document for them.
Use sample accounting cover letter: through accounting cover letter examples you can actually write a brilliant document that'll get you an interview. Customize if you've to and make the most of them.
Contact information: Adding contact information preferably at the accounting cover letters top allows the screener to access your phone or email details if they need to call you fast.
Length: If possible, you should communicate effectively about your suitability for the job in a page. In case your experience is way extensive, two pages should be the maximum, but the shorter the better.
Format: As you indicate your work experience and education choose reverse chronological format. In this order, the most recent competences come first.
Be specific: Note that accounting is not a specific job but made up of various jobs. The advert could also include different slots within the accounting profession. Address the specific position you want without being general.
Exemplify yourself: If you've key achievements, commendations and accomplishment from previous employment highlight them in the cover letter for accounting job. Your value is enhanced when peers within your industry attest to your skills and expertise.
Revise and reread: Never send a cover letter without having reread it. Confirm it reads well, has no grammar mistakes, spelling errors, misspelled contact names or general sloppiness. You can read it aloud or have a different set of eyes go through it.
How to Edit Accounting Cover Letter Template
To edit accounting cover letter template in PDF format, you need to choose a powerful PDF editor. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is an all-in-one PDF solution which enables you to edit, annotate, create, convert, sign, protect and print your accounting cover letter with ease.
- Modify the accounting cover letter freely and customize it according to your own needs
- Extract data from PDF cover letter without losing formatting
- OCR scanned PDF cover letter into editable