PDFelement-Powerful and Simple PDF Editor
Get started with the easiest way to manage PDFs with PDFelement!
ezPDF Reader is one of the most highly-rated PDF readers. However, a number of people don't know much about it and cannot utilize its prowess. While this tool is useful, it is not without flaws.
ezPDF Reader might not work for all situations, and you might be forced to find a suitable alternative. Finding the best alternative is not a walk into the park, especially if you are a newbie. Fortunately, this article takes you through a step-by-step guide on ezPDF Reader and its six alternatives for different OS.
Part 1. Overview of ezPDF Reader
1.What Is ezPDF Reader?
EzPDF Reader is a relatively sophisticated PDF reader in the market and is one of the most popular PDF solutions in Korea. This program is lightweight, simple, fast, and easy to use. With ezPDF, you can handle basic PDF tasks like viewing, searching, annotating, and creating PDFs from images. Furthermore, you can perform basic PDF editing.
In 2012, Google recognized ezPDF as the best App for Android. However, after that, ezPDF Reader seemed to move its business focus from the global market back to its local Korean market. Some of its old fans in the global market might not have heard from ezPDF for a long time.
2. Developer of ezPDF Reader
ezPDF Reader was developed by Unidocs Inc, Korean-based cooperation known for developing business applications. This company was founded in 2000 and has been developing many digital document solutions and systems used by public institutions and big corporations.
Due to the changing market environment, it applied its PDF technology in the mobile field to develop a PDF solution - ezPDF. With further improvements, the PDF reader has expanded PC and different platforms.
3. Features Offered by ezPDF Reader
EzPDF offers good features that allow users to easily read PDFs across various platforms. Some of these features include:
- View PDFs with vertical scrolling, sideway scrolling, thumbnail view, page navigation, and page hyperlinks.
- Convert image files to PDF files.
- Highlight, underline, and strikethrough target PDF texts.
- Comment and add sticky notes on a PDF.
- Draw shapes like rectangles over target texts.
- Search target texts with highlighted results.
4. Pros and Cons of ezPDF Reader
EzPDF is a useful tool, and many users have tested it. However, this tool is not perfect and has some cons and pros, as illustrated below.
EzPDF is free and can be downloaded with ease.
It is lightweight and hence doesn't consume more space in your device.
It supports the text-to-speech function.
It has a good collection of features for easy PDF reading.
It is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, and macOS.
Many users complain about some options not being placed well on the interface.
Some users experience activation trouble.
Part 2. PDF Mobile App Alternatives to ezPDF Reader
Although ezPDF Reader for Android and iOS is a useful PDF reader, it is not without fault. As ezPDF has adjusted its main market, some of its old users might be obliged to look for an alternative depending on your PDF viewing needs. Some of the best PDF mobile app alternatives to ezPDF Reader include:
1. PDF Viewer Pro
PDF Viewer Pro is one the best mobile PDF readers worth trying. This simple program allows users to view their PDF files on their mobile devices seamlessly. PDF Viewer Pro is available for Android phones, tablets, iPhones, and Chromebook. The good thing with this program is that users can perform other PDF tasks such as viewing, searching, annotating, and collaborating with team members for productivity. In addition, more powerful features are available as in-app purchases.
- It allows users to annotate PDFs with the help of highlights, notes, freehand inking, and images.
- Users can search for specific content in the PDF file.
- It supports PDF editing features such as duplicating, deleting, and rotating pages.
- Users can sign documents and forms with the help of a stylus or fingers.
- It allows users to view PDFs in presenter mode.
· It is easy to navigate.
· It offers a free useful version.
· It provides several advanced features like signing PDFs with fingers and a stylus.
· It struggles to load longer files.
· Some of the useful features are hidden in the subscription service.
2. Foxit PDF Mobile
This is one of the best PDF viewers for iOS and Android devices. Foxit PDF Mobile is simple; users can easily view and annotate their PDF files. This program also offers a good collection of features, but most are available under the subscription package.
- It allows users to export PDF files.
- It gives users a platform to edit PDF files and meet their needs.
- It allows users to protect PDF files.
- Users can share selected PDF pages directly.
- It allows users to view files as a grid.
· Simple and elegant interface.
· Users can open multiple files at the same time.
· The reflow feature is impressive.
· The interface is friendly.
· Advanced features are only available in the subscription-based version.
· As users complained on Google Play Store, some of its tabs are poorly placed, making it frustrating to scroll through pages.
3. All PDF Reader
All PDF Reader, as the name suggests, is a PDF reader that allows users to read and manage PDF files in one place on a mobile device. This program lets you view, merge, extract, delete, and convert PDFs. The beauty of this app is that you have the freedom to change the theme into desired modes, such as the night mode, to improve your reading experience.
- It allows users to add annotations to PDF files.
- Users can select and copy texts directly on the PDF file.
- It allows users to highlight, underline, and strikethrough selected texts.
- Users can rotate PDF pages.
- It allows users to search target content on the respective PDF file.
· It is simple and easy to use.
· Offers several features for free.
· The search option makes it easy to find target content in a PDF.
· Some users complained of a slow scrolling bug.
· The color inversion for night mode is not appealing.
Part 3. PDF Windows App Alternatives to ezPDF Reader
While mobile apps are highly used in the current world, desktop platforms never lose their place. There are several PDF Windows app alternatives to ezPDF Reader that can seamlessly transform your PDF experience. Some of these alternatives include.
1. Wondershare PDFelement
Wondershare PDFelement is the best PDF Windows and Mac App alternative to ezPDF Reader. This is a powerful all-in-one PDF app equipped with several key PDF features of a PDF reader and editor. It is fast, affordable, easy to use, and compatible with several devices and operating systems like Windows, Mac, iOS, and iPhone. The beauty of this tool is that you can easily customize it to meet your needs. It also has several themes and options to transform your reading experience.
- Annotate PDFs with drawings, notes, highlights, underlines, and strikethroughs.
- Edit PDF content, including texts, images, and links.
- Convert PDF to and from other file formats.
- Bookmark PDF pages for seamless navigation.
- Print PDF directly, share, or store in popular cloud services.
- Protect PDF with passwords and redaction features.
- Sign and fill out all types of PDF forms.
To learn about more features of Wondershare PDFelement, watch the video below:
· It has an intuitive interface.
· It offers a powerful free version.
· It has plenty of PDF features.
· It is extremely fast.
· It handles many file formats and is available across many devices of different OS, including Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
· It would be best if you upgraded to get the best PDF experience.
2. WPS PDF Reader
WPS PDF Reader is one of the four major modules of WPS Office. This program allows users to read and manipulate PDF files with ease. It is an excellent tool for students, teachers, and business professionals because it comes with small yet complete apps to solve several PDF issues. This program allows you to read, edit, split, convert and sign PDF files. WPS PDF Reader is compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android.
- Read PDF files using modes like Night, Eye Protecting, Default, and Daytime.
- Compress your PDF file to the desired size.
- Highlight desired PDF texts with color.
- Convert PDF to image formats like JPG.
- Search desired texts in a PDF file.
· It opens various file formats.
· It allows users to adjust themes for comfortable reading.
· Its interface is user-friendly.
· It is free.
· The free version has too many ads.
3. Slim PDF Reader
As the name suggests, SlimPDF Reader is a lightweight PDF tool that allows users to view and read PDFs. This program works perfectly as a PDF viewer, which explains why it has fewer features. SlimPDF is a simple PDF reader, and you don't want it to hog your system resources. Furthermore, it is easy to use and only handles basic PDF functionalities like page rotation and zooming of desired content.
- It allows users to rotate pages to the desired orientation.
- It supports zooming in and out of a PDF document.
- Users can locate specific texts.
- It allows users to view PDF pages in dark and light themes.
SlimPDF is available for download on many software destinations, like Softonic. Just navigate to the Softonic SlimPDF download page and Click the "Free Download" button.
· It is lightweight and hence doesn't strain your system's memory.
· It has a nice and user-friendly interface.
· It offers dark and light themes to make reading interesting.
· It doesn't have many features as other PDF viewers.
· There is no documentation.
There are many ezPDF Reader alternatives in the market. However, you ought to be careful about picking the right tool. We mentioned six (6) fantastic PDF tools for different operating systems to meet your requirements.
Mobile PDF Apps, like Foxit PDF reader and PDF Viewer Pro, can serve as great programs to enhance your PDF reading experience on mobile devices. Desktop programs, like Wondershare PDFelement, allow you to deal with all kinds of PDF tasks efficiently. The collection of top-grade PDF features, speed, ease of use, affordable, and excellent compatibility make it a suitable choice. Download a suitable alternative PDF tool today and transform how you interact with your PDF files.