Nitro PDF Editor and 13 Best Nitro Alternatives
Many businesses prefer to use PDF document for carrying out business activities because it is an easy-to-use file format. You can edit the by choosing a a good PDF Editor like Nitro Pro. Nitro PDF Editor can scan, edit words, lines and paragraphs, insert artwork or images, and remove, insert or rearrange pages. Though Nitro Pro PDF editor can be used for editing files, but OCR crashes on large documents. Let's go through top PDF editors like Nitro PDF Editor.
Most Famous PDF Tools including Nitro PDF Editor
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is a well-presented application, which allows modification of texts, digital signatures, graphics, watermarks and other attributes of a PDF document. This tool can also perform conversions between PDF and many file types.
PDFelement can do everything that Nitro Pro PDF editor does and it is very simple to use. The software has extensive editing features, which are presented around a standard ribbon-type menu.
- The PDF editor can recognize scanned PDF documents and converts those documents into editable text formats.
- The editing software can merge different files into single document.
- The most cost-effective pdf editor.
- Well supports Windows 10/8.1/8/7 and Mac OS X 10.10, 10.11, 10.12 and macOS High Sierra.
Check the comparison of PDFelement and Nitro Pro.
2. Nitro Pro
Nitro Pro PDF Editor is a comprehensive tool for creating, editing and converting PDF files into other formats. The software runs on major Windows platforms. When the time comes for editing, you an edit both page section and content of a PDF file.
- The software has the ability of adding additional content like text and drawings.
- This PDF editing tool allows you to establish connecting with Nitro Cloud that triggers in cloud based collaboration of files.
- Free nitro pdf editor allows you to try before purchase.
- Nitro PDF Editor online disables other Acrobat features.
- OCR crashes
3. Foxit Phantom PDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is a Nitro PDF Editor alternative tool which is used for editing PDFs. Other than editing, the software also helps in creating and viewing your PDF files on computer. The tool works flawless when you use a computer powered with Windows Vista, 7 or 8.
- Allows object arrangement and paragraph editing
- Users can add watermarks and go for page customization
- Document signing and other security features enabled
- OCR feature is weak.
4. Nuance Power PDF Standard
Nuance Power PDF Standard is a superb PDF editing tool. It is a little like Nitro PDF Editor. The software also allows users to perform PDF conversion and creation tasks. The tool runs well on major Windows platforms.
- Non fillable forms can be converted to fillable types
- Provides easy-to-use interface
- Suitable for business purpose
- OCR cannot match abilities of Acrobat with complex documents.
5. Adobe Acrobat Pro XI
Are you a supporter of Adobe Acrobat brand? If yes, then choose Adobe Acrobat Pro XI. This allows you to modify your PDF documents with ease. The tool runs smoothly on all major Windows platforms. If you are a Mac user, then also you can draw the benefit of this PDF editing tool. You need to ensure that the operating system should be Mac OS X v 10.6.8, v 10.8 or v 10.7.4.
- Apart from editing, the tool offers wide range of conversion features
- Allows merging of different files into a single PDF file
- Massive feature set could make navigation confusing.
Get the best free Adobe Acrobat alternative here!
6. Icecream PDF Split & Merge
If you are searching for a usable tool, but not so detailed one, then you can choose Icecream PDF Split & Merge. The tool allows you to view and edit pages of a PDF document with ease. The software is supported by Windows Vista, XP, 8 and 7.
- Other than performing edit tasks, Icecream PDF Split & Merge allows users to rearrange, split and merge pages from different PDF files.
- Different splitting mode available
- Splitting of pages not explained clearly.
7. PDF Buddy
If you do not have sufficient time in hand to make corrections of your PDF files, then you can use P Buddy. This PDF editing software runs on major operating systems. In order to edit a document, you need to upload the same into the software and the service would guide you to an interface for making changes.
- Add images and texts of your choice
- Add signature
- Remove objects through whiteout
- Users cannot save or print anything after editing the file.
PDFescape is a PDF editing tool, which allows users to edit and view PDF files online. Users can even create new PDF files on the website. Users can use this tool for filling forms or making changes to any PDF file. You have to click on the “Edit Your PDF Now”. After you have clicked the same, you would be provided the option of uploading an existing PDF or creating a new one.
- This online tool is a superb option for those who do not have Word or other document editing software.
- You may come across limitations when you decide to edit an existing PDF file.
If you are looking for a word processor that can create as well as edit PDF documents, then you should choose AbleWord. The software supports Windows Vista, XP, 7, 8 and 8.1.
- The user interface has similarities with Microsoft Office.
- You can save the PDF document after editing.
- AbleWord has limited PDF editing features.
- Password protection is not guaranteed
By deploying PDFfiller, you can easily fill out PDF forms online. The PDF editing tool supports all major browsers. You get regular notifications regarding PDF files signed, filled and sent in real time by using this PDF editing tool. In order to use this software, you have to click at the upload button. Then you need to click on the field, which you wish to fill and feed the required information.
- PDFfiller allows users to put real signature on a PDF file with mouse pad.
- Form filling features are limited.
Users can use FillAnyPDF for signing, filling out or sending PDF files online. The online PDF editing tool supports any browser that runs on Microsoft Silverlight.
- Performs basic editing tasks
- Redact and whiteout tools included
- The tool does not work if Microsoft Silverlight is not installed.
Inkscape is an open source editing tool. The software is supported by major versions of Linux, Mac and Windows. Apart from editing vector graphics, this tool also supports PDF.
- Inkscape provides many filters to create images.
- The user interface is handy with tools displayed in clear manner.
- When multiple images are loaded, the tool slows down.
13. CutePDF Editor
CutePDF Editor provides you with various features that allow you in making changes to various aspects of your PDF file. In order to use this online editing tool, you have to press “Start to Edit Your PDF File Now”. The tool initializes and after that you can upload the required from your PC. You can find different editing options like resize, delete, etc.
- No download, installation or sign up required.
- You cannot delete or add text.
14. DocHub (PDFzen)
DocHub helps users to edit PDF online. The tool not only uploads PDF files, but also Excel files, Word documents, etc. With this tool, you can fill out forms and can make comments on files. You have to click Open File and then you can upload the file from your computer. After uploading, you can make changes.
- The online PDF editor offers user-friendly interface.
- You cannot erase text after editing.
How to Use Nitro PDF Editor Alternative
As you have seen how Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is beneficial over Nitro PDF Editor. Now, you would like to know how you can edit a PDF file with this PDF editing tool.
Step 1. Go to the Edit Tab
Download Wondershare PDFelement and Upload it. Open the PDF file which you wish to make changes. Then click the “Edit” tab at the main menu.
Step 2. Edit Your Text
Provide click the "Edit" button for editing the PDF texts and images. "Add Image" can enable you insert images. "Link" for adding a link for your text. You can click on any position on the text for editing or add texts as per your requirements.
Step 3. Save Your PDF File
Choose "File" and then save the file by pressing "Save" button or press "CTRL and S" together.
Documents created in PDF form can be distributed easily. If a PDF file contains some errors, it would create wrong impression on prospects. Therefore, you have to use a PDF editing software, like Nitro PDF Editor. Before you purchase such software, check the download speed of the trial version. In addition, check for security features. If you cannot devote enough time for trial, you can choose a trusted PDF editor known as PDFelement. This tool allows you to rectify textual or imaging errors in short time. You can even merge a few PDFs into one single file and create extra storage space.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Convert PDF to PPT & PPTX with Nitro Pro
- Steps to Convert Excel to PDF with Nitro Pro
- How to Convert PDF to Excel with Nitro Pro
- Best Nitro Pro Alternative for Windows 11/10/8/7
- Everything You Need to Know about Nitro Pro