PDFelement-Powerful and Simple PDF Editor
Get started with the easiest way to manage PDFs with PDFelement!
Forms - adult life is filled with these. You fill out forms when signing a contract, applying for a loan, using a company's service, and more. And these days, forms are no longer on paper. They are on PDFs. When filling these out, like always, you have to ensure the document looks presentable. One of the things you can do to ensure that is to ensure every piece of information is easily visible.
You can do that by simply using the appropriate font size. So the question is: how to change font size in pdf fillable form?
Part 1. How To Change Font Size in PDF Fillable Form Using Wondershare PDFelement
Unsurprisingly, the best tool you can use to change font size in PDF fillable form is Wondershare PDFelement. It is a sophisticated PDF solution with lots and lots of useful features. Its form operation features are outstanding, allowing you to create interactive font fields, change word wrapping, fill out forms, and more. That said, changing font size in fillable forms is an easy task for Wondershare PDFelement.
You would expect a powerful tool like this to be complicated. Also, you'd expect a high price tag. But that statement is not true for Wondershare PDFelement. It manages to be powerful while staying user-friendly and affordable!
Enticing, isn't it? Here is a guide on how to use PDFelement to change font size in fillable PDF forms. It will help you decide if this is the tool for you.
Method 1. Change the Font Size by Adjusting the Form Field's Properties
- Open the interactive form using Wondershare PDFelement.
- Go to the Form tab.
- Right-click the fillable form element that you want to edit.
- Select Properties.
- Click Appearance.
- Under the "Text" section, click the dropdown menu for "Size."
- Select your preferred font size.
Method 2. Change the Font Size by Adjusting the Text Size
- Open the PDF that you want to fill out with Wondershare PDFelement.
- Click Edit.
- Select Add Text.
- Click on the field that you want to fill in. Type your input.
- Select the text, then click the Properties icon.
- A new panel will open in the right panel. Under the "Fonts" section, click the dropdown for font size and select your preferred font size.
Part 2. 4 Other Tools You Can Use To Change Font Size in PDF Fillable Forms
As great as Wondershare PDFelement is, it is not the definitive solution. There are other form-editing tools you can use if you want to. Here are your 4 best options.
ApowerPDF is a relatively new PDF editing software. But it is quickly establishing itself as one of the tools you can trust. This tool offers features for form operations. You can use it to create fillable forms or fill out existing forms. Needless to say, it also allows you to change the font size in the fillable PDF form.
Here is a quick guide on how to use ApowerPDF to change font size in a fillable PDF form.
- Download and install ApowerPDF. Please note that it is available only on Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11.
- Open the PDF containing the form using this tool.
- Click Edit.
- A new panel will open on the right hand side of the interface. Select the text whose font size you want to change.
- Change the font size in the "Content Editing" panel on the right.
ApowerPDF allows you to easily change the font size in fillable forms.
It offers other form operation tools.
The subscription is very affordable.
ApowerPDF is only available on Windows.
The free version's capabilities are a little limited.
If you are using a Mac, you are very lucky. There is a built-in PDF tool for these computers. That is the Preview app. You can use this free tool to change the font size in a fillable PDF form. Follow these steps to do so.
- Launch Preview and open the PDF that you want to fill out.
- Click Tools > Annotate > Text. Alternatively, click the T icon on the Preview toolbar.
- A new text box will appear on the page.
- Type inside the text box, then click the A button.
- Change the font size in the panel that will pop up.
Preview is already installed on Mac.
It is 100% free.
You can only change the font size of newly added text.
It does not have other form operation features.
3. EaseUs PDF Editor
EaseUs PDF Editor is also one of the desktop PDF solutions that you can rely on. This tool offers many form operation tools. You can create or fill fillable forms, import or export data, and increase or decrease the font size.
Sadly, EaseUs PDF Editor is only available on Windows 7, 9, 10, and 11 computers.
Here is a how-to guide for changing font sizes in fillable forms using EaseUs PDF Editor.
- Download, install, and launch EaseUs PDF Editor on your Windows PC.
- Click Open Files on the bottom left and import the PDF with the fillable form.
- Click Edit.
- A new panel, named Content Editing, will appear on the right side of the interface.
- Select Edit Text & Images on the Content Editing panel.
- Select the words whose font size you want to change.
- Look at the "Format" section on the Content Editing panel. Click the dropdown for font size and select your preferred font size.
It allows you to edit the font size of already existing text.
EaseUs PDF Editor offers other form operation features.
EaseUs PDF Editor is available only on Windows.
The free version of SwifDoo PDF has limited capabilities.
4. SwifDoo PDF
SwifDoo is another PDF editing software for Windows PC. Like the other tools, it lets you edit interactive forms and their content. Meaning you can use SwifDoo PDF to increase or decrease the font size of the text in fillable forms. Furthermore, SwifDoo PDF also allows you to underline or strikethrough the text and make the font bold.
Here is a quick guide on how to use this PDF editing software to change font size in a fillable pdf.
- Download and launch SwiftDoo PDF.
- Import the PDF that you want to edit.
- Click Edit on the top right, then click Edit on the new ribbon.
- Select the text in the fillable form that you want to make smaller or bigger.
- Click the dropdown menu for font size at the top of the interface. Select your preferred font size.
SwifDoo PDF offers other form operation tools.
It is very easy to use.
SwifDoo is available only on Windows.
The free version has limited capabilities.
Part 3. How To Choose the Right Tool for Changing Font Sizes in PDF Fillable Forms
When choosing a tool for changing font sizes, it's important to consider your needs. Is changing the font size all that you need to do? Or do you also need to fill out the form or make interactive forms?
Of course, you should also consider the platform you are on. Check if the tool you want is available on that operating system. Furthermore, check if you have enough storage space for the software. If not, then you should check out the online solutions.
External factors like the tool's price must also be considered. The form-editing tool must be within your budget.
Changing the font size in fillable forms in PDFs should not give you headaches as long as you have the right tool. That would be Wondershare PDFelement.
Wondershare PDFelement offers that capability along with other form operation features and more PDF management and editing features. PDFelement is also affordable and easy to use. And Wondershare PDFelement is available on both Windows and Mac.