How to Convert Scanned PDF to Excel Online/Offline
Sometimes, it was challenging to extract, search, or edit texts in scanned PDFs or images online. But now, the puzzle is effortlessly solved by the plenty of online OCR PDF tools that convert scanned PDFs or images to editable formats like Excel, PPT, and Word. If you want to convert scanned PDF file to excel online, simply get the appropriate online OCR PDF to Excel tool. In this guide, you shall get a detailed guide on how to convert scanned PDF to Excel online using the right tool.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Excel Online
HiPDF is an excellent online converter program that also supports the conversion of scanned PDF to excel. The conversion process is seamless and guarantees a high level of privacy and security. Beside scanned PDFs, you can convert images, faxes, eBooks, and screenshots to editable formats like Word, Excel, and PPT. You can retrieve your files in cloud storage platforms like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, and One Drive anywhere anytime.
Step 1. Visit the HiPDF homepage using your browser. Login using your credentials and click the "OCR" tab on the toolbar.
Step 2. The Online OCR page will give you options to upload the source file. To upload the scanned PDF file, click the “CHOOSE FILE” option. From the subsequent file explorer window, select the target scanned PDF file and click “Open” to upload it to the program’s interface. On the other hand, drag and drop the PDF onto the program.
Step 3. When the file is successfully uploaded, the “OCR Setting” window shall be displayed. Select the document language by checking on the respective box. After selecting the language, choose “xlsx” as your output format just under the “Output format” section at the bottom of this “OCR Setting” window.
Tips for Converting Scanned PDF to Excel Online
Everyone would like to enjoy an incredible online conversion of scanned PDF to Excel. However, this is not possible without taking heed to some useful tips for converting scanned PDF to Excel online, as explained below.
- Use the right tool- Nothing beats using the right tool to convert scanned PDF to excel online. It ensures seamless conversion and quality output.
- Look for good internet connection- Online conversion requires an internet connection. A steady internet connection ensures faster and quality conversions.
- Do not overspend- Do not pay a lot of money for tools that aren’t satisfactory. There are several effective and affordable tools.
- Think about file security and privacy- File security and privacy are important aspects. Make sure the platform you are uses high-level encryption technology. Make sure you also install an antivirus on your device to avoid downloading malicious programs.
How to Convert Scanned PDF to Excel On Desktop
Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is the best converter tool for scanned PDF to excel on desktop. This amazing platform is equipped with an assortment of unmatchable features that makes it an all-in-all PDF solution. Besides conversion, users can edit, compress, protect, annotate, perform OCR, and share their PDF files with ease. It supports nearly every file format and device, and hence there is no need to panic over compatibility issues.
Step 1. Download PDFelement
Run PDFelement on your device to open the program’s window. Click the “Open File” link at the bottom left to access the file explorer window. Browse for the scanned PDF file, select it, and click “Open” to upload it to the program. Alternatively, use the drag and drop method.
Step 2. Enable OCR
When the scanned PDF file opens on the program, navigate to the toolbar, and click the “Convert” tab. From the drop-down sub-menu, select “OCR.” A pop-up notification will appear at the bottom of the menu bar prompting you to select either “Perform OCR” or “Do not show this file again.” Select the “Perform OCR” option.
Step 3. OCR setting
The OCR pop-up window shall pop-up on the screen. Select the “Editable Text” radio button to be able to edit target texts. You can also alter the language of your texts and customize your pages by clicking on the “Change Languages” and “Customize pages” link. Once satisfied with your selections, click “OK” to confirm the changes.
Step 4. Convert scanned PDF to Excel
To finally convert your scanned PDF to Excel format, go to the “Convert” tab, and select the “To Excel” option. Provide the destination folder from the subsequent “Save As” window and hit “Save” to trigger the conversion process.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Converting Scanned PDF to Excel Online
Converting scanned PDF to excel online has several advantages. However, there are plenty of inherent flaws that make its application limited. The following are some advantages and disadvantages of using online tools to convert scanned PDF to excel.
- You can save on device memory as no installation is required.
- They are usually cheaper compared to desktop converters.
- Uploading files increases vulnerability to the hacking of sensitive information.
- When downloading a converted file, you may download malicious programs which can damage your files or device.
- They have limited capabilities.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- 5 Best BMP to PDF Converter Online
- 5 Best Photo to PDF Converter Online
- How to Convert JPG to PDF with iLovePDF
- Convert PPT to PDF with ILovePDF
- How to Convert Excel to PDF Online