How to Read text from Image with 2 Ways
Just for a moment, try to imagine a scenario in which it is easy to get text out of an image, or any scanned document for that matter. And read it. And do this in a matter of seconds. Sounds good? Well, it is possible. And today, we will show you the way how to read text from image. There are two methods, using a photo text reader, which would be a PDF tool, or finding an online converter. Let's roll.
Easy Steps to Read Text from Image
We said that one way is to find a picture text reader. The best software for that purpose is a PDF tool that can easily convert the image to a readable, editable, and searchable text. What is the best software? Well, we firmly believe that is PDFelement, a powerful PDF tool with a wide range of tools. You can use this tool to easily create, edit, convert, and markup PDF files, as well as other files.
Now let's take a look how you can read text from image.
Step 1: Click on "Create PDF"
The first step is to create PDF file from your image. Click on Create PDF. The software will open a pop-up window for you to browse the file.
Step 2: Perform OCR
Once the file is opened, the software recognizes it as a file, and asks you to perform OCR. Click on "Perform OCR" to unlock the text within the image.
Step 3: Edit the Image (Optional)
Once the OCR is finished, it gives you an option to edit the file. You can edit text by changing font style, size, bold it, or anything else under the "Edit: menu.
Here is a quick breakdown of the most popular features:
- Resize any document so that you can easily send it via email
- Conversion of more than 300 file formats to PDF, and other file formats
- Easily annotate the document with a wide range of annotation tools, including comments
- Merge files within seconds
- One of the best OCR (optical character recognition) on the market
- Easy sharing of documents
- Print documents from app to printer
- Edit images, text, and more
- Ability to remove watermarks
Simply put, PDFelement has the same features, if not more as Adobe Acrobat, but comes at a cheaper price. And it has a more intuitive and user-friendly interface and a familiar ribbon style.
How to Read Text from Image with Google Image Text Reader
Google Image Text Reader is a feature built into Google Drive. You can use to convert image files to text easily. And it works on your computer, iPhone and iPad device, or an Android device. You can also save the content to Google Drive and share it with other users. Here is how to convert the image to a text-reading document.
- 1. Open the website drive.google.com.
- 2. Upload the file to Google Drive so that you can convert it easily.
- 3. Right-click on your file, and then click "Open With" > "Google Docs".
- 4. Google Image Text Reader will convert the file to Google Docs, and you can read it.
Compare PDFelement and Google Image Text Reader
|Features||It provides wide range of tools you can use for managing the document, including edit, markup, annotate, and more.||Using Google Drive to convert image to Google Docs, but also gives you option to store new files in the cloud.|
|Stability||It is available in offline version.||You have to be connected to the Internet to use Google Drive.|
|Results||It will completely convert the file, without loss of any formatting and fonts.||Google will not retain tables, columns, footnotes, and similar graphic elements, as it will not detect them.|
|Document security||It provides password and encryption protection for your files.||You can save and store documents in Google Drive.|
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Copy Text from Secured PDF without Password Quickly
- How to Convert Password Protected PDF to Word Efficiently
- How to Remove Background from PDF
- How to Hide Text in PDF with 3 Simple Clicks
- The Best Way to Convert PDF to URL