How to Extract Text from PDF Image Quickly
There are times you want to edit a scanned PDF document. Perhaps you want to change the font size and images or need to extract text from scanned PDF documents. In this article, we'll show you the most efficient way to extract text from a scanned PDF with PDFelement.
PDFelement helps you extract text from PDFs easily and allows you to perform OCR to edit your scanned PDF file or extract text from a PDF image using PDF text extractor tools. Plus, the OCR feature is multilingual, meaning it can recognize over 20 global languages. If you want to know more about PDFelement, you can explore videos from Wondershare Video Community.
Now let's look at other features that this software exhibits; get the tutorial of the following features.
- Converts PDF into other formats like Excel, Text, PowerPoint, Word, images, and more.
- Edits PDF contents such as fonts, pages, images, texts, and even watermarks.
- Creates PDF out of a blank document, HTML, existing PDF, images, etc.
- Supports protection of your PDF document through the use of passwords and restricted permissions to access the documents.
- The ability to fill out PDF forms, including scanned PDF files. You can also create your own PDF form using the form creation tools.
Easy Steps to Extract Text from PDF
The following steps outline how to extract text from a PDF using PDFelement.
Step 1. Add PDF Files to the Program
Download and install PDFelement, and then open the PDF files that you wish to extract text from by clicking on the "Open files" button.
Step 2. Extract Text from PDF
Once you've opened the file, click on the "Edit" tab, and then click on the "edit" icon. Now you can right-click on the text and select "Copy" to extract the text you need.
How to Extract Text from PDF Image
Step 1. Open Your Image-Based PDF
Once you have installed PDFelement, open the program to perform OCR on your PDF file. Click on "Open files" to select the scanned file and open it.
Step 2. Perform OCR
After you have opened the file on the program, it will detect that it is a scanned document and suggest that you need to perform OCR on it. Click on the "Perform OCR" option in the top blue bar, then select an OCR language and click "OK." It will be set to English by default, but you can change it.
Step 3. Extract Text from an Image PDF
Once you have performed OCR, you can then extract text from your PDF. To do so, go to the "Edit" tab and click the "Edit" switch button on the top right. Select the text you want to extract and right-click on it to choose "Copy."
Alternatively, you can also convert your PDF to Word format. Click on the "To Word" button under the "Convert" tab. In the pop-up window, click on the "Save" button to convert your PDF to Word format. You will now have your PDF in an editable Word document that will allow you to extract content from your newly converted file.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Extract Text from PDF Image Quickly
- How to Change Text Color easily in PDF for Windows
- How to Edit PDF Image Files without Losing Quality
- How to Add PDF Printer in Windows
- How to Convert XML to PDF for Windows easily