Top 5 Android PDF to Speech Converter Apps
canDo you often have many articles, books, and notes to review, but don't have time to read through each one? In this case, an eBook reader might be a good choice for when you are commuting, when you are working around the house, or when you are walking or jogging. Fortunately, there are Android apps that can provide a solution for you. These are called text to speech Android converters apps. These apps are great tools for students who want to study their reading materials by listening to them rather than reading them.
Android PDF to Speech Converter in 2018
1. eReader Prestigio: Book Reader
eReader Prestigio is a cool eBook reader that supports many formats such as PDF, EPUB, HTML, TXT, MOBI, and more. It is a multi-lingual, multi-format eBook app. eReader Prestigio has an intuitive interface in over 25 languages, and it provides an eBooks library with over 50 thousand books to choose from.
In the App, you can personalize your reading mode, for example setting up the font, size, night mode, and so on; you can also sync books between your mobile phone and your cloud accounts.
- Allows for personalization;
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- It provides an eBooks library of 50,000 books.
- Privacy issue-it needs to scan all your files to convert them to Speech.
- Larger PDF files may take a long time to finish converting.
2. Xodo PDF Reader & Editor
Xodo is an all-in-one PDF reader and PDF annotator/editor. By downloading this free App, you can read, annotate, sign, and share PDFs and even fill in PDF forms. Furthermore, you can sync PDF files with Google Drive, Dropbox, and OneDrive.
The app now supports English, Chinese, Italian, and Polish.
- It can open Word, PPT, Excel for reading;
- It also supports annotating PDF files;
- The intuitive interface is easy to learn.
- Functional but can glitch
3. NaturalReader Text to Speech
The NaturalReader Text to Speech app is a pdf to voice apps for Android, which easily converts PDF text to voice. It has many natural-sounding voices to choose from, and it allows for the ability to sync documents in a cloud account and CC mode. PDF, Word, RTF, and TXT are also supported by the App.
The App's home screen displays all the files you have imported. The icon with a plus at the upper right-hand corner allows you to add text manually, or by selecting a file from your computer, Dropbox, or Google Drive. The button with the symbol of a person lets you log in to your NaturalReader cloud account.
Tapping on a file, you have imported moves you to a page where you can view the document. The document can be read aloud by clicking on the green play button at the bottom of the screen. The gear icon which can be accessed at the top of that page lets you choose your preferred voice, speed and font.
- The design is visually pleasing and simple. It is straightforward and easy to use.
- The voices sound natural, especially the ones that are available online.
- This App has no advertisements.
- There is a lack of offline support for converting the text to audio.
4. @Voice Aloud Reader - Read Aloud
A free PDF text to speech Android app, @Voice Aloud Reader converts text to audio. It supports text, PDF, and HTML files.
The App's main screen lists the files you have loaded for conversion. Tapping the upper left corner will show you different reading lists where you can categorize your files. Files can be added by tapping on the plus button at the bottom of the screen. Selecting an item from the list allows you to view the contents of that file. At the bottom of the page, you can see the different audio controls, such as play, next, and stop. Using the slider below, you can set the speed, pitch, and volume. Plus, there is a button to change the voice or language. Languages available are English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, and Russian.
- The App supports importing articles from 'Pocket.'
- It has the ability to set the speed, pitch, and adjust the volume.
- You can create and name lists for easier organization.
- The free version of the App includes advertisements. To remove the advertisements, you need to purchase the full version.
- There were bugs within the App from time to time.
- In some instances, the App crashed while adding files.
- The App requires an Internet connection for the PDF text to the speech conversion process.
PdfSpeaker creates an audio file from your PDF. The interface of this App is similar to the file system that shows you the folders inside your phone. You can easily navigate through this file system to find the PDF you want to listen to. Clicking on the PDF brings you to a screen where the content is displayed. The control option for the audio playback is situated at the top of that screen.
- The voice and accent of the speaker are very clear.
- The App performs the conversion quickly and does not require an Internet connection.
- The App allows you to save the audio of the PDF using the WAV format.
- The App's user interface is poor, making it quite difficult to use. It takes time to navigate through the directories inside your phone in order to find the PDF you want to listen to.
- There are advertisements in the app.
Best Desktop PDF Converter ─ PDFelement
Most of the time, PDF converters usually excel at executing one form of PDF conversion perfectly, while doing only a passable job with others. Some might be great with PDF to speech conversion, while others might carry out PDF to word with close to no error. While this is a case with most PDF converters, however, PDFelement is the No. 1 exception.
Feature-rich and containing all the necessary tools for carrying out PDF conversions to other important file formats like word, speech, images and so on, PDFelement doesn’t just offer these conversion options, it gets the job done exactly how you want it.
- Multiple document support: PDFelement allows you convert PDF files into other document formats including speech, word, excel, etc
- Accurate document conversion: PDFelement doesn’t just offer multiple document support but also carries out the desired conversions accurately
- Optical character recognition (OCR): PDFelement offers advance OCR features that allow the program to correctly recognise characters and letters in images and accurately translate them to their text counterpart
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Top 5 Android PDF Creator Apps
- Top 5 Android PDF to EPUB Converters
- Top 5 Android Web to PDF Converter Apps
- New Tools in iOS 11 for Developers
- How to Download and Install iOS 11 for iPhone/iPad