Best Invoice Layout to Make Your Invoice Stand Out
Invoice layout allows you to change the default template of your invoice with new details whenever you want. The invoice layout makes the filling of necessary information such as customer details, description of goods and services effortless. An effective invoice layout makes it easy for your customers to find the critical information without fail.
Free Invoice Layout Template
Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below
What is Invoice Layout?
In a simple definition, an invoice layout is a template that acts as a guide to enable you to create your business invoice without difficulty. Serving as a guide, it shows you where and what your invoice should include leading to error-free and professional looking invoice always. The invoice layout allows you to make changes to your invoice thereby giving a more personal touch and creating more brand awareness.
What to Include in a Basic Invoice Layout
We know you want to make all the necessary changes to your invoice so it can fit your business mission and vision properly and will be an example of invoice layout next time. However, there is some essential information every invoice should have, and you should also make sure they are included in yours. Below are the information contained in a basic invoice layout; you can always add yours. However, ensure that none of the ones mentioned below is missing. Invoice layout Australia is also to follow the below step.
- Title: it is an essential requirement that your invoice carries a boldly typed notation indicating that it is an invoice. You don’t just want to send a document to your customer and leave them in confusion as to what to do with it.
- Dates: in your invoice layout, there is a space for the date. The dates the invoice include the date it was issued and the date the customer is expected to pay. Dates are important for referencing as well reminding the customer when their payment is overdue.
- Invoice number: the invoice number allows for quick retrieval when needed without having to go through all the available invoice.
- Your business contact information: to enable a smooth transaction, there is a space in the invoice layout template where you can input all the crucial information related to your business.
- Customer contact information: a good invoice layout also provide space for customer’s information. This piece of information is vital as it helps you ensure that the invoice is sent to the right customer.
- Detailed information about products and services offered.
- The prices of each item and service rendered.
- VAT amount if applicable.
- The total amount of the invoice.
How to Create Invoice Easier with FreshBooks
What is FreshBooks
FreshBooks is the new accounting software developed with small business, freelancers and the self-employed in mind. It provides access to some of the best accounting services to small businesses at an affordable rate. They have one of the best cloud base storage system in the accounting market and several examples of invoice layout.
How to Create Invoices with FreshBooks
To create an invoice with FreshBooks, below is a simple step by step guide.
First things first, you have to subscribe to FreshBooks and add your company information. The information includes the company name, address and email and once you have done, everything is ready to go.
Then proceed to click on the invoice tab and select a new invoice to open a new invoice template.
Input the required company information.
Then go on to fill the customer’s information too.
Then click on create invoice, and that’s all.
FreshBooks have made the creation invoice easier than it has ever been and the best part is, it is at no extra cost to give it a trial.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- How to Make a Blank Invoice
- What is Invoice Copy Sample
- Best Way to Choose a Suitable Invoice Format