Creating a movie poster template can be time consuming most likely when the maker doesn’t know or do not have any idea on how to do so. It requires a broad mind for them to be able to explore and use imagination for the poster to be interesting and relevant with the movie, some uses some imaging software and some uses layout templates. Here is a step by step procedure on how to make a movie poster design template:
1.Make a draft for the desired layout of the poster. You can use your sketchpad and pencil; some uses templates and then modifies it. Jot down some notes if there would be ideas popping on your mind to keep a record of it may be able to apply later.
2. Determine the genre of the movie and then find some inspiration. You can look up for some released movie posters with a portrait and what not. The good custom movie posters may not always include a portrait.
3. Consider the poster size. It is best to know how to fit all the images and ideas that you’ll be making in order to maximize or to make the poster balanced. Divide the ground by equal sizes by using a grid and then make your way on laying out the contents.
4. Make sure that the blocking of the images are all proportioned and not too messy to hurt the public’s eye.
5. After laying out the main design of the poster. Proceed now on laying out the names of the actors, directors, writers, ratings and other supporting details of the movie, including the title. A tagline may be optional if there is. A movie poster may also have some high rated comments from the initial showing of the movie by a remarkable person.
6. Print the poster in a high quality type of paper with also a high quality of the movie poster frames.
A typical movie poster format emphasizes an image of the actors starring in the movie. The movie title and the names of the actors are also included for publicity and for the interest of the public. Movie poster makers use different styles and designs to practically market and advertise the film. Some uses an image that is not so related with the title of the movie and only to find out that the image is to be discovered along the movie, this is one of the tactics they use for a higher level of excitement for the viewers. A movie poster should also include the dates of the release of the film; some print the names of the directors especially if they had already made a remarkable one that makes them popular and a hit maker.
1. Do not forget to put important details on the movie poster. Aside from the portraits and imaging, a poster should also have or may also have a logo of the production team of the film and the studios involved.
2. Originality. Like the films itself, movie posters has its own copyrights authorizing the makers so be sure not to copy anyone’s work.
3. A movie poster is a way of advertising so it should sell right away by just looking at the poster and be remarkable.
4. When brainstorming for the poster, make two or three layouts for it so you will have more choices and options and may be even combine all the ideas for a better result.