How to Print W-2 in QuickBooks
The W-2 is a payroll feature offered to customers by QuickBooks to enable them to compile and report state and federal information. QuickBooks W-2 feature allows you to enter the required information into an Electronic form to be submitted to the IRS online. It is mandatory that you complete and submits the W-2 form as long as you pay your employee $600 and above yearly. QuickBooks will also help you submit the forms to the various tax departments. Below are the steps for how to print W2 in Quickbooks.
How to Report W-2 Income in QuickBooks
To report your W-2 income in QuickBooks, follow the instructions below.
- Enter your QuickBooks account and click on employees from the menu. Then click on Pay tax forms and W-2s. Then select process payroll forms from the drop-down menu.
- Proceed to select federal forms and then click on ok. From the menu, choose annual form W-2/W-3 wage and tax statement. Once you have done that, an electronic version of the W-2 will be displayed.
- Enter the particular employee’s data in the fields.
- Now input your state tax information if applicable to your state. Fill out the entire required field and proceed.
- Review the information you have provided and then click on ok and select submit electronically from the payroll menu to submit the form.
How to Print the W-2 Form in QuickBooks
Below are the steps for how to print W2 in Quickbooks 2016/2017/2018.
- Once inside the QuickBooks account for printing W2 from Quickbooks, navigate to the payroll tax center and click on the W-2 menu.
- If the employee’s list is not displayed, then click on the view/ print W2 forms for all years tab.
- Then click on the preferred employee’s name to open the Quickbooks W2 forms you wish to print. If it refused to open, press the ctrl and alt key and hold while clicking the W-2 of the employee.
- When asked, click on the view reprints to add the REISSUED STATEMENT watermark to the form. Then click on continue.
- When your reader opens the W-2 form, click on print.
Note: Always remember to print your W-2 form on the right perforated paper (paper with instructions on the back).
Best Alternatives to QuickBooks: FreshBooks
Some of the best QuickBooks alternatives available in the marketplace have all the accounting abilities that small businesses need. These alternatives offer a more straightforward approach to using accounting software. FreshBooks is the award-winning accounting software developed for small businesses, self-employed people and freelancers. FreshBooks allows you to track your work time, organize your account and send customized invoices to your customers. That is just a little of the many benefits of using FreshBooks as an alternative to QuickBooks.Try Freshbooks for Free >>>
Some of the benefits include:
- Managing your bills.
- Collect and track your payment all on the same platform.
- Expense management.
FreshBooks is compatible with mobile software which allows you to keep track of your account on the go. Also, it gives you fully functional access to the cloud solution, and as such you rest assured of the security of your financial accounts.
With all these benefits, managing your business becomes, and your company gets to where it should when it supposed.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Create a Quickbooks Journal Entry
- Undo reconciliation In QuickBooks Online
- How to Delete an Invoice in QuickBooks