How to Convert Quicken to QuickBooks
This article contains details about the conversion of Quicken data to QuickBooks. These details are helpful to small business owners like you, who wish that their data should no longer be in Quicken but in QuickBooks. The step to step tutorial will ensure that you do not lose valuable Quicken data during the transitioning.
How to Convert from Quicken to Quickbooks
Quicken and QuickBooks are both financial accounting software produced by the same company, Intuit Inc. However, they are different because of their features. QuickBooks is best for small businesses and thus is more complex than Quicken, which is useful to families and individuals. The former has tools that cater inventory, invoicing, payroll, accounts receivable and payable management and bank account tracking. On the other hand, Quicken tools cater for account balances, loans and other personal financial life issues. To convert data from Quicken to QuickBooks is possible while, to convert QuickBooks to Quicken home and business is quite impossible.
Before this conversion process commences, you need to understand a few things first;
- It is crucial to back up your Quicken data
- Direct conversion in QuickBooks only takes place for Quicken Windows files. Therefore, Quicken for Mac users must first convert to Quicken for Windows file to proceed to converting to QuickBooks 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
The following is how to convert Quicken 2011 to QuickBooks. It also works for converting Quicken 2011 above!
- Before you start converting your Quicken data, first create a cut-off file.
- Ensure to eliminate all unnecessary categories, accounts and classes in Quicken
- Open/ launch QuickBooks
- Select "File"
- Choose "Utilities"
- Click "Convert"
- Click "From Quicken"
- Browse in your computer to find the location of the Quicken QDF file.
- Double click on it
- Follow the prompts onscreen on the dialog of conversion to proceed with the Quicken file conversion. If asked to display the list, say "yes". You can change name if need be to the appropriate type.
- After the conversion process is complete, review the new QuickBooks file to see if the result are reasonable.
- If the results are unacceptable, proceed to "create a new data file".
You can also use the Quicken converter provided in Intuit’s website. Download it first then select the radio button "I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows". After locating and selecting the file, click on "Convert it" > "Ok" then "Save".
FreshBooks- A Better Alternative to QuickBooks
Both QuickBooks and FreshBooks are great accounting software that small businesses can rely on for the running of the day to day activities. QuickBooks has certain features that FreshBooks lacks but that does not mean that the latter is any less functional. Also it may go for competitive prices. However, FreshBooks is still a better alternative because it caters for the business group that QuickBooks tends to ignore. People like freelancers and solopreneurs need something to cater for their finances. Since QuickBooks may not be of great help to them, they can turn to FreshBooks. It basically has features that cater for the smallest matters in business, since as time management while at work. FreshBooks is definitely a better alternative to QuickBooks.Try Freshbooks for Free >>>
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- How to Create an Income Statement in QuickBooks
- How to Refund from Vendor in QuickBooks 2023
- How to Use QuickBooks Receipts