People working in most industries aspire to get to a management position and all the authority and financial reward that comes with it. It is reserved for the top of most areas of work, so your management cover letter needs to stand out from the rest. Use this sample letter for management position to guide you through writing a stand out cover letter for management jobs.
- # Management Cover Letter Template
- # Management Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Management Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Management Cover Letter Template
Management Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for management. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Management Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am a management professional and read your recent job advert with great interest. I think I am the perfect candidate to take on the manager role at your company.
I have over 10-years-experience in middle management and I have gained Certified Manager Certification from the Institute of Certified Professional Managers. In recent years I have gone from managing a small team to over-seeing my departments growth because of our growing success. This included creating new job roles and also hiring and training new staff.
Under my management the department saw a 40% increase in staff retention and a 34% increase in revenues with a 100% customer satisfaction rating. My management style is to listen to the concerns of my staff and allow them to develop solutions that best met our needs without imposing an agenda. This has created a happy and productive working culture at my current company.
I have always been impressed by your company's approach to marketing your products and the impression you project of working for you. Your constant innovation and allowing staff members to thrive with their own new ideas is inspirational and a culture I would like to be part of. I think I have much to offer such a culture.
My experience and successes make me an ideal candidate to add to your company's innovation and success.
I would love the opportunity to use my experience as a benefit to your company and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Tips for Writing Management Cover Letter
Management roles are highly-sought after and even more competitive to secure, so it is very important that management cover letter is as good as it can be. The role of management covers a vast amount of different job areas and roles, so the internet is full of examples of specialist management cover letter examples such as asset management cover letter and emergency management cover letter. The above cover letter sample is a good starting point for your letter and can even be used as a management trainee cover letter sample.
The below cover letter tips will guide you through the sample:
- There is no more professional career than management, so you need to reflect your professionalism in your cover letter. Make sure you use a professional letter template and a formal, easily readable font. You need to create the right impression immediately to stand a chance of the employer reading on.
- Address your letter to the right person. Research the name of the person you need to apply to and avoid general greetings like ‘Dear Sir/Madam' or ‘To Whom It May Concern'. This is a simple way not to lose the employers interest early on.
- Why are you writing the letter? Provide a short summary of this in the opening paragraph. For example, you are a manager who saw the job advert and you believe you are perfect for the role.
- Start to explain why you are good for the role as an overview of you as a candidate, but don't give away too much. This candidate explains their years of experience, qualifications and alludes to some of the successes they have had in the management position.
- Be more specific about your successes in this next paragraph. Expand on why you are good for the role with specific examples and statistics of you have them. Again, don't give away too much, but just enough to peak their interest. At the end of the process you want them to read your CV and contact you for a job interview.
- Don't just talk about yourself, show the company you are serious about the role and them as a company, by explaining what you like about them and how you think working for them would benefit you (as well as how well you would fit in).
- Provide the employer with one final reminder that you are perfect for the job and that they should take the time to get in touch with you.
- You might be happy with your management cover letter but take time to properly proof-read it before sending. If your cover letter is full of mistakes and typos you won't get the job.
How to Edit Management Cover Letter Template
If you choose to send your management cover letter as PDF format, your chances of being called for an interview is enhanced. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor, will help you create and edit the PDF cover letter smoothly and professional. With multiple templates in the program, you can choose an appropriate one for yourself.