Housekeeping jobs might not be considered the most skilled of roles, but they are very important for a lot of different types of company. Integrity and attention to detail are very important and your housekeeping cover letter needs to show this as well as your skills. There are many different cover letter examples for housekeeping role and this sample housekeeping cover letter is a great template for your own housekeeping cover letter:
- # Housekeeping Cover Letter Template
- # Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Housekeeping Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Housekeeping Cover Letter Template
Housekeeping Cover Letter Template
Housekeeping Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I saw your advert for Housekeeping Room Attendant at your hotel and believe I am perfect for the position.
I have worked in some of the most prestigious hotels in the Bay Area, as well as three seasons in housekeeping positions for hotels in the French Alps during ski season. I have gained top references and recommendations from every establishment that I have worked for.
I take great pride in creating a nice environment for guests under my care and work with great attention to detail and to the highest of standards. I believe that poor housekeeping is a problem that influences guest's impressions of the whole hotel and cannot be allowed to slip in standards.
In my many housekeeping roles I have worked on cleaning shifts and as a concierge, as well as managing rotas, staffing and stocks of cleaning and other supplies. At one French Alps hotel I recommended new rota and cleaning management software to keep better track of the work staff were doing and this increased productivity and cleanliness across the whole hotel site.
Spending time in your local area, the hotel has always caught my eye and your reputation for quality service precedes you. I would love the opportunity to work in such an environment and play a part in providing your world class service.
I would love to discuss joining your team in more detail.
Thanks for taking the time to read this letter, and my CV. I hope to hear from you soon.
Tips for Writing Housekeeping Cover Letter
The above sample cover letter for housekeeping room attendant is a great template to help you get the housekeeping job you are after. The above example is specific to a cover letter for housekeeping room attendant jobs.
Follow these tips for the housekeeping cover letter sample to get job success:
- Don't think that just because it's a housekeeping job you don't need to present yourself professionally! Use a professional letter template and structure, and a formal, readable font. It is essential you put the information across effectively and first impressions really do matter.
- Include all your contact details at the top of the cover letter. You want them to get in touch so make sure they have your details to hand.
- Find out who you need to apply to and address the letter to them personally. This simple thing could mean the difference between your cover letter being ignored or read more.
- Start your letter by summing up why you are writing to the employer. In this case the candidate has read the job advert and think they are perfect for the role.
- In the second paragraph you need to get the employer interested by outlining why you think you are good for the role by explaining your experience. This candidate has a lot of experience in hotels that would be desirable for any hotel owner. Don't give away too much because you want them to keep reading.
- Now you need to reel them in with some specific information about you as an individual, your skills and your successes in housekeeping. Again, you should only outline this and not give away the whole story. You want them to get in touch to discuss this further. Give them just enough to want to find out more.
- This candidate then focuses on the different range of work he has completing including a suggestion at one hotel site that improved the housekeeping structures there. This is the kind of thing that will interest employers to want to speak to you more.
- Don't make it all about you! This also needs to be about what the hotel can do for you and why you have chosen to apply to work for them. Provide some examples that show you have researched how they work and what that means to you. This will impress the employer.
- Following the above sample housekeeping cover letter and this advice you should have got some interest from the hotel to want to talk to you more. End the cover letter by reminding them that you want the job and encourage them to give you a call.
- Finally, proofread your letter. That ‘attention-to-detail' you mentioned in your housekeeping cover letter will be hard to believe if your cover letter is full of mistakes and typos. If you can get someone else to read over it for you.
How to Edit Housekeeping Cover Letter Template
A brief and strong PDF cover letter will help you get into the interview quickly and effectively. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor is an all-in-one PDF editor to help you create a brand-new PDF cover letter or edit a classic PDF cover letter template.