With a supply chain cover letter you can do more than capture the attention of the potential employer. A cover letter for supply chain ensures you add more details in a concise, effective and fast way to what your resume carries. With the following supply chain planner cover letter sample and tips you can do this with ease.
- # Supply Chain Cover Letter Template
- # Supply Chain Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Supply Chain Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Supply Chain Cover Letter Template
Supply Chain Cover Letter Template
This is a free supply chain cover letter template. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Supply Chain Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Scottsville, AC 44671
Aug 21, 2018
Mr. Martin Freeman
Geo Communications Ltd
42 Melvis Ave.
Scottsville, AC 44671
Re: Supply Chain Manager
Dear Mr. Freeman,
This is in response to your advert seeking a Supply Chain Manager for Geo Communications Ltd. With over 5 years' experience in supply chain management, I believe my skills and experience will be a perfect fit for the open position.
I have a Bachelor's in Supply Chain Management and certification in Logistics. For the last four years I have been the Assistant Manager for Courier International Chain Services for Scottsville area. The position require management of 16 distribution centers and stores on a daily basis while handling over 250 employees and diverse kinds of logistical and operational roles as indicated in my resume.
For the last five years my enthusiasm, motivation and dedication have helped me to effectively manage supply and distribution in lots of centers and regional stores across the board. I wish to bring this experience and success to Geo Communications Ltd especially at this time you are venturing into this part of California that I understand so well.
Do get in touch with me via email or phone right away to meet in person to discuss your needs and goals for supply of your products in this region and the open position.
Thank you for your patience and consideration.
Tips for Writing a Supply Chain Cover Letter
- Resume-cover letter continuity: Ensure there's a clear continuity between supply chain cover letter and resume in terms of format. You can do this by copying personal details as they are from the resume and pasting them into the draft. In the process the fonts will show continuity including point size. It helps the reader to identify resume and cover letter fast in case they are separated in the course of analyzing them.
- Person to address: It helps to know the name of the recruiter or employer you're addressing in the cover letter for supply chain. Do some research thoroughly to know recruiter's name, including the company's. Addressing a person makes the letter professional while generic addresses such as ‘dear sir/madam' or ‘to whom it may concern' should only be done if it cannot be helped. You can even call the company and ask for the details of the recruiter and seek any clarification you need.
- Avoid niceties: Wasting your time and words on niceties doesn't help at all. With only a few seconds to rummage through the supply chain planner cover letter the recruiter won't be interested in your minutiae. Right from the first word get to the point focusing on what you're providing the company and not what you want. In most cases the first paragraph is all a recruiter reads to know whether the letter has any substance.
- Avoid rehashing the resume: It doesn't make sense to rehash and summarize your resume in your cover letter. Of course you can use it to craft a befitting cover letter but avoid copying and pasting all manner of info as it appears on the resume. Use the letter to sharply and effectively put across a case why you're the best fit for the open position.
- Show passion for the job: Ensure right from the beginning your cover letter depicts your passion for the job and dedication. Employers anywhere want dedicated and passionate supply chain professionals and it should show.
- Keep it short: Avoid writing the longest cover letter. Keep it as short as possible, concise and sweet to read. One page is enough and about three paragraphs. Ensure it fills a single page and leaves some room for a signature at the end of the page.
- Use supply chain cover letter example: A supply chain cover letter sample helps to ensure all needed info has been provided, proper format used and nothing of importance and required left out.
- Revise and edit your work: With most people writing the supply chain cover letter last after the resume, many simply forget to edit and revise it by rereading to rectify ungrammatical sentences, typos and misspellings. Rereading allows you to make your cover letter strong and sharp while ensuring names of the company and recruiter, including a proper format, have been provided.
How to Edit Supply Chain Cover Letter Template
As the PDF is now the most acceptable document format in offices today, you'd better send your cover letter in PDF format. After downloading the templates in this page, you can edit and customize them with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor., the best PDF editor.