Keeping on top of financial landscape of a business is essential for that business' success – that's where financial analysts come in! They research microeconomic and macroeconomic conditions alongside the company's culture to make business and industry recommendations. This is a highly skilled role and your financial analyst cover letter needs to reflect this fact. The below sample cover letter for financial analyst roles is your starting point for writing your own cover letter financial analyst.
- # Financial Analyst Cover Letter Template
- # Financial Analyst Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Financial Analyst Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Financial Analyst Cover Letter Template
Free Financial Analyst Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for financial analyst. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Financial Analyst Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing to you to apply for the financial analyst position you recently posted online. I believe I am the perfect candidate for this position.
Following gaining a BS in finance from university, I have gained 10 years of diverse-industry experience in finance and have be commended for my skills in managing complex FP&A projects for large, international operations as well as local firms.
My analysis has become a valued part of directors and executive's decision-making processes. By providing ad-hoc analysis, financial modelling, financial research and data sourcing I have been welcomed as a decision-making partner that has helped transform businesses for the better.
In previous roles, I have been at the center of structuring an acquisition deal of up to $500M, provided analyses that has given staff members the tools to gain competitive advantage, and provided operational analysis that has contributed to rejection or approval of business cases valued at $1BN.
My attention to detail and thorough approach has been invaluable to the businesses I have worked for. I have also played a key role in budget forecasting and processes, giving my clients the ability to ‘own the data' and have full control over their revenue, functional operations and expenses. I have been the main tool in them making better decisions.
I have been very impressed with you company's financial growth and stability in this difficult time and believe that I can only help improve on that situation.
I am a financial analyst with the skills, experience and know-how to increase your value over all. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further and I am available to have a follow-up conversation at any time.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing Financial Analyst Cover Letter
Financial analyst is a highly skilled and specialist role, requiring specialist skills and experience. This means that it is a lot less competitive that other roles but also means you need to have all the necessary qualifications and skills to be considered. The above financial analyst cover letter template is a good starting point for crafting your own cover letter for financial analyst job. The following advice and tips will give you further insight into the elements of the above financial analyst sample cover letter.
- Presenting information and data is a key part of a financial analyst role and this should be reflected in your cover letter. Present it with a formal letter template and an easily readable font. Create the right impression from the moment the employer starts reading.
- Try and use industry keywords and industry specific language. This will show your knowledge of the field and assure the employer that you have the correct credentials.
- Throughout your financial analyst cover letter speak to the employer's needs. All the reader will be considering is how you can help them achieve their goals. Only share information that is relevant to the financial analyst job role.
- You have just eight seconds to gain the employers attention. Start by outlining your relevant qualifications and experience, this is what they are most interested in. This candidate explains their academic achievements and years working as a financial analyst before briefly outlining some of their successes. At this point don't give away too much information, you want to leave it open for a follow up conversation.
- Expand on this opening by explaining some of the successful work you have undertaken and for who. Explain what benefit this work has had for clients.
- Now is the time to get specific with direct examples of the success you have had in your various projects. If you have statistics and figures to follow this up that will be better in the long-run, especially if these figures and be easily backed-up and proven.
- Explain your personal attributes that have added to your success before offering more examples of how this has helped clients. Make sure you summarize why all you have written makes you a good candidate.
- Close the letter by reminding the employer that you are a perfect candidate for the job and are willing to discuss the position further.
- Attention to detail is very important for this job role, so ensure your proofread your financial analyst cover letter to pick up on any typos or mistakes before sending it over. If you fail to do this your application could be rejected for the simplest of reasons.
How to Edit Financial Analyst Cover Letter Template
To make your financial analyst cover letter more attractive and reliable, you'd better send it in the formal PDF format. You can free download the PDF cover letter templates in this page and then just make modifications to it. With Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor, you can make changes to the texts, images, signatures etc. in the templates easily.