As the world's love of quality coffee grows and grows the role of the Barista is becoming a more and more specialist job. It's not just about making coffee any more. It's highly competitive with lots of applications so your Barista cover letter needs to be on point. Your cover letter for Barista roles needs to stand out, so use this coffee Barista cover letter template and the supporting tips to improve your chances.
- # Barista Cover Letter Template
- # Barista Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Barista Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Barista Cover Letter Template
Free Barista Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for barista. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Barista Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I have just moved to your city and bring with me some of the best Barista experience possible. For the past three years I have been a Barista at award-winning coffee house, Counter Culture Coffee, under Lem Butler (voted in the Top 6 Baristas at the 2016 World Barista Championship). With this experience, I believe I am perfect to help you met your launch statement of offering 'world-class coffee'.
Coffee has been my life for ten years and for three years professionally, I know all about the best blends and how to create the perfect cup of coffee. Under Lem I helped create coffee that people would travel for miles to come and drink, and I can do that for your establishment as well.
Your job advert explains you are looking for a Barista that will help guide the opening of your new coffee house in the equipment you use and also to help management decide on what coffee to offer. This is something I have been doing with great success.
Reading about your company I was impressed by your drive and the scale of your ambition, as well as your insistence on quality. This is the kind of culture I want to belong to and I feel I have so much to offer you in achieving your goals.
I would love the opportunity to use my recent experience as a benefit to your opening and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Tips for Writing Barista Cover Letter
Increasingly being a Barista is much more than simply making coffee, it's a serious specialism for a growing army of coffee connoisseurs! If you have the skills, you need to make sure you stand out above the pack with your cover letter Barista.
These tips explain the elements of the above Barista cover letter sample to help make sure you have the best chance of winning that Barista job:
- Make sure your contact details are at the top of the cover letter and you use a professional letter template. First impressions count, and you want to be taken seriously. You also want the employer to easily find your contact details should they want to get in touch about the job.
- Use a readable font and use formal language. This will make sure that the points you want to make are properly communicated.
- Make sure your address the cover letter to that specific employer. Take some time to research the name of the direct contact at the company that you need to apply to. This personal touch will help you stand out. Don't use a generic greeting on the cover letter like 'To Who It May Concern'.
- Don't simply send a generic cover letter. This will not have the same impact and not feel specific to that individual employer.
- Make sure you properly proofread your Barista cover letter. If your cover letter is littered with mistakes you are unlikely to be given a job interview and won't get the job! It's best to have someone else read over the cover letter before you send it off.
- Open the letter by teasing the employer into wanting to read more about you and your experience but don't give them too much. In the above example the candidate alludes to working under an award-winning Barista but leaves it open for more questions to be asked.
- In the second paragraph offer more information. What successes and experience have you had that will be perfect for the role you are applying for? Offer some specific examples but, again, not everything you have done – you still want the employer to read your full CV and invite you in for a job interview to discuss things more.
- Show you have read the specifics of the job advert and briefly explain how you can achieve those specifics.
- In the above example the candidate explains why they feel that company is the right for them using specific reasons. Employers love to hear why they are a good fit and that you have taken time to research them properly. This will score you points.
- Finish with a succinct call to action for the employer to get in touch with you. Give them one final reminder that you are perfect for the job and that they should definitely get in touch with you.
How to Edit Barista Cover Letter Template
A beautiful PDF cover letter for barista will help you land an interview quickly. If you don't know how to create a PDF cover letter, you can download some templates through Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor and then just make modifications directly using this PDF editor. It can help you customize the templates to fit your requirements.