Top 5 Linux Accounting Software in 2023
You'll find so many reasons why Linux accounting software makes sense, highly beneficial, effective and timely. For instance, small business owners might not be able to afford the most expensive accounting software outside there due to a shrinking budget. Most of Linux based accounting programs aren't just free, but also open source and the perfect alternatives to traditional accounting software that might be way out of their league yet familiar with. All the best Linux accounting software for small business are highly accurate and perfect for personal and business financial management.
The following are top five Linux accounting software you can use to ease your business operations, simplify business finances management and streamline reports access and usage.
FreshBooks is the top small business accounting software that has been around since 2003. The best Linux accounting software makes running a small, medium or large enterprise easy in a secure and fast way by automating tasks like time tracking, invoicing and expenses organization in an intuitive practical user interface.
- Intuitive and simple
- Creates professionally looking invoices
- Automating critical tasks like invoicing, online payment processing, reporting, time tracking is easy and quick
- Financial statements and reports easily accessible
- Cloud secure and accessible on Tablet, Smartphone desktop computer
- Reports and other financial information easy to grasp and highly useful for any accountant
- Some superb functionalities like trial balances, general ledgers and charts of accounting only available to Premium and Plus plans
Grisbi is a financial management tool around since 2000. It has evolved into unique software free to use. The Linux accounting software for small business offers consistent, easy and simple accounting user interface and customizable. The open source program is usable with useful features experts or newbies can use.
- Simple entry type of accounting
- Multiple platforms and currencies supported
- Free to use
- Intuitive due to an interface based on tab system
- Desktops based on Gnome integrates perfectly with the accounting software
- Not the easiest to figure out and make the most of
- Very little explanations on using Grisbi is available and no manual to aid the process
Moneydance is a personal finance and accounting software availed with all needed features a small business will find useful. The accounting software for Linux has diverse features, including account management, investment and budget tracking, bill payment and online banking configurations. The accounting tool also processes multiple world currencies and different financial tasks efficiently and easily.
- Online banking capability organizes and categorizes transactions
- You can sync different financial institutions to avoid missing any entry
- Includes solid reporting options such as income/expenses, cash flow, budget report and data reports
- Tools include visual reports and graph making tool for expenses and income
- Includes account register for deleting, editing and entering transactions
- Easy to set payment schedule for recurring payments
- Syncs app and desktop for easier access while on the move
- Includes lots of reporting options
- Lacks retirement planning or budgeting goals choices
KashFlow is accounting software around since 2005 and has won diverse awards on small and medium businesses accounting and financing areas. The Linux accounting software is cloud-based with a UK-based support. It allows creation of invoices easily and emailing them to suppliers directly. Also includes mileage management to track business travels and linking with HMRC for tax returns to avoid last minute rushes.
- Perfect for users in the UK
- Includes diverse important integrations
- Accounting reports are efficient
- Includes bookkeeping, HR and Payroll features
- UK-based support
- Estimates or quotes can be expeditiously converted into invoice
- Syncs with mobile for easier access anywhere via app
- Bugs have been reported
- UI not very intuitive
- Invoice automations are few
GnuCash has been around since1998 and developed back in the day as a full-fledged accounting software alternative for Quicken. The accounting software for Linux mint has been downloaded for about three million times since 2007. It's useful in creation and printing of customizable invoices, printing standard checks, schedule routine transactions, managing payroll, expressing data in visual graphs and reports amidst being compatible with multiple currencies. You can also export data whenever you want.
- Free to use
- Malware free
- Simple to use for virtually everyone
- Powerful double entry tool
- Stock prices tracking possible
- Helpful reports and charts
- Includes payroll management
- Multiple currencies support helpful
- Stock prices setup on Linux not the easiest to use
- Presets for graphs and reports un-insightful
- Some features are unintuitive
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Up to 18% OFF: Choose the right plan for you and your team.
PDFelement for Team
Give you the flexibility to provision, track and manage licensing across groups and teams.
- 15 Differences between Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Knowledge of Management Accounting You Should Know
- A Comprehensive Introduction of National Income Accounting