During the filing process, filling out the form ds 3053 should be taken care of accurately. One should give all the necessary supporting documents in order for the statement to be approved.
1. Print and Complete: In the ds 3053 fillable form you will see tables 1 and 2, the person applying should fill out these ds 3053 fillable tables accordingly and as much as possible refer to the child’s birth certificate so all the information in these tables will be unified with the other supporting documents and will become an accurate detail.
2. Statement of Consent Table: Now this is one of the most sensitive parts of the passport form ds 3053. A non-applying parent should fill this out. It is like declaring and giving permits to the one who applies for the minor’s passport, so only the said parent should take care of this. She/he should provide a valid government ID (photocopied front and back) along with this consent; it can be a driver’s license, a passport, a military ID, and so on. It is also recommended to sign this in presence of a Certified Notary Public and a witness. When done, this should be notarized and signed by a legal authority for much more effectiveness of the note. Remember that the consent must no longer be older than 90 days.
3. Submit form DS-3053 form along with the DS-11 form
Once all detail filling and its entirety were done, the person shall now proceed to submission of the form in person and both parents and guardians should appear with the child.
The applicant also needs some of the following documents along with the DS-11 form, which is for application for a U.S. passport:
a. Proof of the minor’s citizenship
b. Parental consent
c. Passport Application Form
d. Passport fees
f. Proof of relationship to the non-applying parent
Accuracy on Details
1. The person applying for the minor’s passport should only give true details upon filing it up.
If proven that it was a false detailed form, the application can be denied and it will be hard to file it again.
If proven that the details given in the form were not true and the person tried to make it look like it is true with some fake supporting documents, there might be some fine to be paid and the person might face some punishments by the law.
2. One should submit the Original Form instead of a ds 3053 printable form. That is why it is best to have it hand in to the person directly from the Authorized distributor.
3. Being prepared makes everything a little bit easy. The applicant should make sure that all the supporting documents are all present and unified so that the process wouldn’t take so long.