How to Add Signature to PDF with Adobe Acrobat
Authentication by signature is the key factor prevailing in all Business Scenarios. Adobe Acrobat allows users to draw signature based on your convenience. In some cases, addition of user name, company name, date or title is also possible with Adobe Acrobat signature. This tool also supports other essential features to view and share your signed documents with ease. It also ensures that the signed document is well-protected with the help of 'Password Protect' function. Now, let us learn how to sign PDF using Adobe Acrobat. But if you want a cheaper alternative with the same features, you can try Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor.
PDFelement is a powerful tool for adding signature which comes with a number of amazing features to enhance your document. Users from all around the world feel that Adobe Acrobat is quite slow as compared to PDFelement. So, it is the apt choice for protecting legal documents and enhance your productivity.
By using this tool, you can protect documents using password protect feature, Place signature and so on. It provides easier access to users and learners for placing signatures in the document file. It ensures that its users receive 100% satisfaction. Let us learn how to Sign PDF file using PDFelement. Use this Step-by-step tutorial to sign PDF by using various methods.
PDF Signature Tools: Adobe® Acrobat® vs PDFelement
Acrobat Standard DC
How to Sign PDF with Adobe Acrobat Alternative
Step 1: Open PDF file
- First of all, open the PDF file or any other document in PDFelement.
- You can also open the PDF document which has a signature field.
Step 2: Sign PDF file
- Once the file is opened, select "Protect" option at the top of the PDFelement window.
- Then, choose "sign document" followed by selecting your signature.
- In the dropdown of Appearance option, you can also customize the signature style by choosing "standard style" or "create new style".
- You can also protect your document by selecting "lock document".
Method 2: Create Signature
The following is the second way to create signature with Adobe Acrobat alternative:
- This method is used when the user is not having the signature ID.
- In such a case, you can select 'New ID' option to create signature.
- You can also use windows certificate store for retrieving your saved signature and use it for Signing PDF.
Method 3: Place your Signature
To add signature to PDF with Adobe Acrobat alternative, you can also use this way:
- First, select 'Protect' from the Home menu.
- To add signature to the document, click 'Place Signature'.
- If you want to edit the appearance of the document, choose 'Appearance settings' for adding Standard style to your signature.
- After that, choose 'Validate All Signatures' option to activate or clear your signature.
- Similarly, you can erase or remove your signature by choosing 'Clear All Signatures' option from the menu bar.
- Alternatively, you can choose ''Validate All Signatures' option to activate your signature in the document.
Tips: How to Add Adobe® Acrobat® Signature
Step 1: Open PDF file
If you don't want to find an alternative, it is also ok. First, open PDF with Adovbe Acrobat.
- Initially, open your document file in Adobe Acrobat.
- The Adobe Acrobat tool will ask you to choose 'open sign pane' in case it senses a need for signature in your document.
- Alternatively, you can click the 'sign' button at the information bar of the Acrobat tool.
- You can also choose 'fill and sign' option from tools bar.
Step 2: Addition of text or image (optional)
If you want to add text or image, follow the instructions:
- You can add text, image or draw signature for improving clarity by clicking the 'tools' option and select 'Add text' or 'Add image' function.
- You can add your text or image in the field by typing in it.
Step 3: Place Signature
Then, plase signature in PDF with Adobe Acrobat.
- For placing original signature of the user, choose 'Tools' and select 'Fill and Sign'. After that use 'Place signature' option.
- Finally, signature can also be created by using many other amazing techniques. You can place signature by using webcam, or by typing signature name, or by using an image.
- In Abode Reader, webcam feature cannot capture the signature, instead of that it generates the Signature that matches with the features of your Signature.
Step 4: Save Signature
Last, save signature to PDF.
- You can save your signature by choosing 'File' and 'Save' option.
- By doing this, Adobe Acrobat will send a pop-up message which asks you to choose 'Adobe Echo sign', that allows you to share or send your signed PDF document or file to the target recipient.
- You can also save it by using 'Adobe Cloud' service if needed.
However, according to the blog of Adobe, Acrobat Reader XI was end of support on October 15, 2017, which means there was no more security updates, product updates, and no more customer support. You can though keep using the program then, but your file and data might be insecure due to lack of protection. So you can check try the best Adobe Acrobat alternatives here.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Fill out PDF Forms in Acrobat Alternative
- How to Create PDF with Acrobat Alternative
- How to Use Acrobat Distiller Alternative
- How to Use Adobe Acrobat 3D 2024
- Quick Way to Download and Install Adobe Reader Plugin in 2024