How to Create PDF on iPad
PDF is an indispensable document format mainly because it is compatible with various applications and software platforms, and because of its mobility; after all, it is called Portable Document Format. So it is only natural for users of iPad create PDF on iPad by converting from photos, emails, WebPages, and others for easy sharing and saving, for whatever purpose or reason. It is our pleasure to let you know how to create PDF files on iPad, how to create PDF forms on iPad, and how to create a PDF on iPad using the steps in our guide.
This guide explains 2 methods of creating PDF. Both do not require any 3rd-party app since they're both native to iPad. But evidently, one is more preferable. The first method is more popular, but les recommended, while the second method create PDF on iPad is less familiar but more recommended.
For users of iPad, create PDF with this method. The method works with apps which have the "Save PDF to iBooks" option on the iPad share sheet, such as Photos and Safari. With this method, the PDF file you created will be saved in iBooks. If you don't have iBooks, you can download from Apple Store.
2 Methods to Create PDF on iPad
How to Create PDF on iPad with "Save PDF to iBooks" Method)
- While you're viewing the document which you would like to create PDF iPad, tap on the share button (usually located at the bottom).
- Scroll on the middle row on your share sheet until you find the option "Save PDF to iBooks".
- you can't find the "Save PDF to iBooks" option; there's a probability that it is not enabled yet. In the middle row of your share sheet, tap on the "More" option to have it turned on in the activities list. If you still don't find the "Save PDF to iBooks" option in the activities list, it means the app does not support the feature.
- Tap on the "Save PDF to iBooks" option.
- Your PDF file will be created automatically and opened in iBooks, where the document can be viewed.
This method isn't bad. But in some cases, it isn't too good, as you can only use iBooks, and beyond email, you can't share directly. Fortunately, there is a trick to create PDF iPad from emails, images, webpages, and other documents. The app only needs to have the capability to Print.
How to Create PDF on iPad with "Print as PDF" Method)
- While you're viewing the document which you would like to create PDF iPad, tap on the share button (usually located at the bottom). If you are viewing from Mail, simply tap the reply button instead.You will find the print option.
- If you can't find the Print option, it is probably not enabled yet. On your share sheet, tap on the "More" option in the bottom row to have it turned on in the activities list. If you can't still find the Print option in the activities list, it means the app does not support the feature.
- If you're viewing from Mail, search for Print in the menu.
- Tap on the Print icon.
- On the screen of the Printer Options, pinch outward on your print preview.
- A PDF document is then created automatically and can be viewed.
From here, you can tap on the share icon which is at the bottom if you want to share your created PDF through email, iMessage, and other sharing activities that are enabled, including "Add to iCloud Drive" and 3rd-party apps like "Import with Dropbox" and "Copy to Viber."
So that's it. Did you know that pinching simply on your print preview would result in the instant creation of a PDF version of an email, image, or webpage? Not many users of iPad know how to create PDF on iPad.
Read and Edit PDF with PDFelement
Now that you know how to create PDF on iPad pro and other iPad devices, you need a very good app to view your PDF documents. For a better PDF reading experience, you can download the PDFelement app (best PDF creator iPad) on Apple Store.
It's a great iPad PDF creator. Besides PDF creation, conversion and sharing, the PDFelement app awesome features which enable you to view, edit, annotate, comment, fill and sign PDF forms, as well as convert PDF to other file formats such as PowerPoint, Image files, HTML, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and lots more. PDFelement is no doubt the perfect PDF creator app for iPad users.
But since you're now aware of how to create a PDF file on iPad, go ahead and start using it for your PDF sharing and conversion needs.
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- Best DJVU to PDF Converter App on Android
- Best Apps to Convert JPG to PDF on iPad
- Top Apps to Convert RTF to PDF on the iPhone