A relocation cover letter is used when an individual is looking for a position in a different city or country to where they are currently based. In this guide, we'll be showing you a cover letter for relocation jobs and giving you a few tips on how to write a good job relocation cover letter.
- # Relocation Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Relocation Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Relocation Cover Letter Template
Relocation Cover Letter Template
Relocation Cover Letter Sample (Text)
In this section, you'll find our relocation cover letter sample, as well as a guide on how to structure each section.
- Start with contact information for the letter:
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
- Address a person or department at the start of your letter:
"Dear Recruiting Representative,"
"Dear Mr. Wan
- Add a subject line that notes the position and that it's for a relocation job:
"Re: Relocation position for English Language Teacher"
- The first paragraph. This paragraph explains why you're writing to the company. Use it to outline your current position and mention the relocation needs of the job you're applying for:
"I am interested in applying for the open English Language Teacher position that is available through your company, ABC English, is advertising. I understand that this position is to relocate in China for a year-long contract, and I feel that my experience as a qualified TEFL teacher make me an ideal candidate for this role."
- Second paragraph. The second paragraph of your cover letter for relocation jobs should outline your skills and experience which you can relate to the job position that you're applying for:
"I currently work as an Online English Tutor, lending my skills to Wabu Teachers Online, who work with students across the world to teach them English as a second language. In the 6 months I've worked for this company, I have gain a wealth of experience in teaching, and can easily work to a curriculum provided, or teach my own classes."
- Third paragraph. Further outline your experiences, your skills, and what makes you stand out as an applicant. For example:
"Besides my teaching experience, I also hold a 130-hour TEFL certificate, which included 30 hours of classroom-based experience. I took this qualification looking for a change in career while I was studying, but once I'd finished my education, I felt that I'd already found a career I enjoyed in teaching English."
- Closing paragraph. The closing paragraph in a relocation cover letter in used to reassure the employer that you understand this position means you'll be relocating. You should also use this space to ask for an interview.
"I hope that my work experience and the qualifications I have are enough for you to consider interviewing me. I understand that this position means I would need to relocate to China for a minimum of 1 year, and I am more than happy to do so. If you're interested in discussing my application further, I am available anytime between 2pm and 8pm GMT for your call."
- Closing salutation. Politely inform the employer that you're looking forward to hearing from them soon, and sign-off:
"I look forward to hearing from you.
Tips for Writing Relocation Cover Letter
Relocation cover letters can be difficult to write, because you need to emphasise on the fact that you're willing to move to a new city, or possibly a new country, to do the job requested. Below are a few tips to help you write a cover letter for relocation jobs.
- Emphasise that you're willing to move permanently. This will reassure the employer that you're aware that it's a long-term position, and you're willing to relocate for the sake of the job.
- Explain your current situation clearly. If it's a job you're relocating for, explain why you want to relocate. If it's a job requesting relocation, explain why you're happy to move.
- Use your current contact details. The employer will want to know where you're currently based to see how far you're willing to go for the new position.
- If you've relocated previously, let the employer know. This shows your dedicated to your career.
- If the relocation job is to a new country, mention any language skills you have.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company. An employer hiring for a position that needs relocation is going to be looking for someone with some in-depth knowledge about the company and job position.
- Request an interview or let them know when you're available to talk. With relocation jobs it's always best to talk to the employer so they can be certain that you're happy to relocate. A letter can only say so much.
- Stay professional in your cover letter and use titles where necessary.
- Elaborate on your experiences and what makes you can ideal candidate.
- Mention any extra training you've had that qualifies you for the position or could be useful if you were hired.
- Keep the skills you mention relevant to the job role you're applying for.
With this sample relocation cover letter and the tips included in this article, we’re sure that you should be able to write your own job relocation cover letter with ease.
How to Edit Relocation Cover Letter Template
A nice PDF cover letter will draw the attention of the hiring manager quickly. After downloading the PDF cover letter templates in this article, you need a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, to edit and make changes to them. This tool will help you customize the templates to fit your own resume and create a brand new cover letter.