A proposal cover letter can be used for a range of needs. You can write a proposal cover letter for all of the following points, and more:
- Grant proposal cover letter
- Cover letter for book proposals
- Cover letter for a project proposal
No matter what you're writing a proposal for, you'll want a smart cover letter to introduce your project. In this article, we'll look at writing a grant proposal cover letter for a non-profit organization but remember that the proposal cover letter can be easily edited for other purposes, like the ones above.
- # Proposal Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Proposal Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Proposal Cover Letter Template
Proposal Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for the proposal. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Proposal Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Below you'll find our cover letter sample that you can use as a cover letter for proposal template:
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Address Line 3
Dear Mr. Grant,
I am writing on behalf of Heat Wise, a non-profit charity organization that provide heating solutions for struggling families during the winter months. We respectfully request your open application grant for £20,000 for our Winter Chill project.
As one of the only charities in the UK that specializes in heating assistance for families earning under £20,000 a year between both parents/caretakers, this year we have decided to try and expand the help that we offer to homeless families and those living in shelters. We are more than aware of the current housing crisis overwhelming the UK, and the yearly rising rate of homeless families coming to light in demographics. We are committed to providing even the smallest amount of help to a family who might be struggling to pay their heating bills.
In the past, our projects have had many accomplishments:
- In 2015, we successfully provided heat solution blankets and heating kits to over 10,000 homes.
- In 2016, we started our first pilot project to assist homeless families, visiting shelters across the UK.
- This year we've already spent over £30,000 on heating bills and heating kits, helping thousands of homes as winter comes to an end.
Our directors are very enthusiastic about our new program, and we're already starting to stock up for the coming winter months. We are committed to the assistance that we offer, and our research and development team are doing their best around the clock to provide new heating solutions, and contact companies willing to help or donate to us.
With your grant, we'll be able to expand the assistance that we can give to families and struggling individuals across the UK. Over the past few years, winter UK temperatures have dropped noticeably, and though it seems nice to have a "White Christmas" and for the winter snow to last as long as it does, these temperature drops and weather patterns have made it more difficult for families to stay healthy; especially those with young children.
We hope that you will be willing to consider us for the grant you're offering this year. I will be personally following up next week to answer any questions you may have about our new project, and I would also enjoy meeting you in person to discuss how your grant can benefit our organization.
Tips for Writing Proposal Cover Letter
Alongside the cover letter for proposal template sample that we've given you above, you might benefit from a few of our best tips for proposal cover letter writing. Consider the different elements of the cover letter sample we've written, rather than the content type, itself.
- Start with your contact details. If it's a person project, use your name and contact details, and then the contact details for the company providing the grant. If it's for a company or organisation, use your name and your company's contact details, then the grant company's contact details.
- Find a name to direct the letter to. With organisations that provide grants, the name of their director should be on their site, use this.
- Introduce yourself or your organisation. When introducing yourself, introduce your project, and the grant amount you're applying for. If your introducing a company project, introduce the company, the specific project, and state the requested amount.
- Talk about your merits. For individuals, this is a chance to highlight previous projects or publications. For companies, now is the time to showcase your company accomplishments. A small list is welcome here.
- Emphasise your excitement. Mention how this project will help you progress in your career, or how this company project will help people. This is where you need to catch the director's attention and help them realise what this project means to you or to other people.
- Write about what you'll use the grant for. Be specific, but not technical.
- Close with a follow-up statement. Let the director know what you're willing to chat further and call for action by mentioning that you'll be following up.
- Sign-off professionally with your name.
Between the grant proposal cover letter and these tips, we’re positive that you’ll be able to get started writing your own cover letter for a project proposal.
How to Edit Proposal Cover Letter Template
To edit the free PDF cover letter templates in this article, you can use a robust PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. It is an all-in-one PDF solution that can help you create, edit, annotate, sign and protect PDF files easily. The ultimate editing feature will enable you edit the templates freely and smoothly.