Being a police officer takes a special kind of person. Your police officer cover letter needs to show your personality, qualifications, and community service to help you stand out from the high number of applicants. The below cover letter for police officer samples with help guide you through what you need to write.
- # Police Officer Cover Letter Template
- # Police Officer Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Police Officer Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Police Officer Cover Letter Template
Free Police Officer Cover Letter Template
Police Officer Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing to you to express my interest in your advertised police officer role, and believe I am perfect for the role.
I have been a police officer in New Haven for the past three years, and I am a graduate of the East State Police Academy where I received the highest marks possible. I believe I have the necessary experience and skills to fulfill the requirements of your police department exceptionally well.
During my years on the force, I have performed area patrols on the bike, on foot and in patrol cars responding to domestic disputes, reports of criminal activity and traffic incidents on a regular basis. I performed all my duties above the required standard and have been regularly praised for my commitment and calmness in the face of tension and even violence.
I understand that your area has an above-average crime rate, but I welcome this challenge and I am willing to use my skills and experience to protect and serve the community to the best of my abilities. I believe I can be a friendly but authoritative figure in local policing in your area and will be a massive asset to your force.
For all the above reasons I am sure that I am a great candidate for the role.
I would love the opportunity to use my experience as a benefit to your police department and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Tips for Writing Police Officer Cover Letter
Police work is not for everyone – it takes training and a certain type of person to be a successful police officer. Your cover letter needs to reflect everything a police recruiter is looking for. The above cover letter sample police offer is a good starting point for your own letter. It is a great police officer cover letter example to get you started. The below tips will explain exactly what you need to write to succeed.
- Cases can be won and lost on the quality of professional paperwork. It's a big part of being a police officer. Present your cover letter professionally by using a professional letter template and a formal, readable font. First impressions count.
- Make sure you include all your contact details visibly at the top of the letter.
- Make your cover letter police officer personal to the employer directly. If the letter is not addressed to them they will more than likely reject it immediately. Avoid general salutations like 'Dear Sir/Madam' or 'To Whom It May Concern'.
- Begin your letter by explaining why you have written the letter, such as the fact you have read the job advert and you believe you are the right candidate for the role.
- Now highlight your experience and qualifications for the employer. This candidate explains the number of years they have been an officer, plus where they graduated from the police academy and their high performance there. Don't give too much away as you would like the employer to keep reading.
- With their interest peaked, reel them in with more specific examples of your work and successes on the job. Highlight the type of work you excel in and any praise you have received. If you have evidence or statistics use them. Again, don't give away the full story.
- Show that you understand the job and the area you are applying to and add yourself to that context. This candidate shows they have researched the crime rate and expresses willingness to help combat that.
- You want the employer to get in touch with you so give them one final reminder that you are perfect for the job and that they should take the time to get in touch with you.
- As a final action, ensure you have looked over your police officer's cover letter in fine detail. Proof-reading thoroughly could be the difference between failure and success. Employers will not hire someone who submits a cover letter full of typos and mistakes.
How to Edit Police Officer Cover Letter Template
To make your police officer cover letter formal and powerful, you need to submit it in PDF format. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the PDF editor, will help you create a customized cover letter with extraordinary contents.