Nanny's are so much more than just an employee, they become an important part of the family, allowing the parents to manage their work and home lives with reduced stress. Families will be looking for experience and a specific personality from there new nanny and your nanny cover letter needs to show all of this successfully. The below sample cover letter for nanny roles is a good staring point for crafting your own perfect cover letter for nanny job openings.
- # Nanny Cover Letter Template
- # Nanny Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Nanny Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Nanny Cover Letter Template
Free Nanny Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for nanny. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Nanny Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Dear Mrs Marker,
I am writing to you to express my interest in taking the opportunity to become your new full-time nanny for your family. I have over five years-experience in childcare and managing households to improve family life for my employers.
I believe I am the right fit to have a positive impact on your household and to be a positive influence on your children.
I am fully qualified after obtaining a degree in Childcare Management from university and have been cleared by all the relevant checks.
My experience is not just a theory, as a full-time nanny I have worked with a variety of family situations and children always finding a solution for the family. With my first family I was responsible for two elementary-aged children, managing their school and play schedules, appointments and all extracurricular activities. My second family, who hired me based on the recommendation of the first family, left me in charge of 5 children aged 2 to 13.
I use my academic qualifications and hands-on experience to achieve the highest standards for the children that I care for, in both their home and academic lives. Additionally, I can take on cooking duties when required and pride myself in providing balanced meals for the family.
In previous roles, I have arranged a weekly sit-down conversation with the parents to discuss the child's growth and progress. I find that this offers peace of mind and parents value the input and ability to maintain and set expectations.
I am certain that my skills, qualifications and demeanor make me the perfect candidate to run your household in your absence. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this opportunity further and I am available for a conversation at any time.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tips for Writing a Nanny Cover Letter
Your application for a nanny position cover letter needs to successfully include your skills, experience and personality to help you standout. The below nanny cover letter template is one of many nanny cover letter examples available online but is a great starting point for your own cover letter. The tips and advice below will help you make the most out of the sample to get that job.
- Keep your cover letter to one side of A4 and write in short, readable paragraphs. Make sure that your letter covers the following areas – qualifications, skills, experience and personality.
- Use action verbs where you can throughout your nanny cover letter.
- Academic qualifications are much less important in applying for this type of role than for other jobs, so only briefly highlight any qualifications you have before moving onto your direct experience.
- Outline your previous experience with details of who the family were and what your responsibilities were in each role. If your subsequent roles came on a recommendation from the past family mention that here as well. Cover some of the specific types of work you undertook in each role. At this stage don't give away the full story, you would like the reader to get in touch with more questions.
- Sell yourself further by applying all your experience to how it can all be of benefit to the family with some specific examples of the benefits of hiring you.
- Add any additional skills you have that would benefit the family. This candidate mentions that they can take on cooking duties and provide healthy meals. Any additional points you can score with the employer is well worth it.
- Nanny employers will be looking at how the nanny will interact with them to help meet their expectations for their children. This candidate explains how they have a conversation weekly to discuss this directly. This peace of mind could set you apart from other candidates.
- Close your nanny cover letter by reminding the reader what a great candidate you are and that you are open to discussing the opportunity further at any time. Showing your enthusiasm at this stage is a good way to leave the reader.
- Before sending off your nanny cover letter take some extra time to proofread you letter in detail to remove any mistakes or typos. If you can get someone else to look over it as well, in case you have missed anything.
How to Edit Nanny Cover Letter Template
A PDF cover letter will make the hiring manager believe that your cover letter is very professional and formal. After downloading the PDF cover letter template in this article, you may need a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, to help you edit and customize it. You can edit the texts, images, forms and even signature in the templates.