Graphic designers are in charge of developing the face of a company's product, websites, and communication. A cool job right? Sadly, getting a graphic designer's job can be super competitive. As a matter of fact, the right education is not the only menu you need to land a graphic designer's job. You also need a beholding graphic design cover letter. This is why many out there jump into Google searching for cover letter graphic design samples around the web. Now, in this article, we will give you the best tips on writing an eye-catching graphic designer cover letter that will get you the interview you have been craving for.
- # Graphic Design Cover Letter Template
- # Graphic Design Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Graphic Design Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Graphic Design Cover Letter Template
Free Graphic Design Cover Letter Template
Graphic Design Cover Letter Sample (Text)
010 Belerue Avenue,
Denver, Colorado, 80201.
January 28th, 2018.
Human Resource Manager,
143 Pine Avenue,
Denver, Colorado, 80201.
RE: APPLICATION FOR A GRAPHIC DESIGN JOB
Your job advertisement dated January 20th on Indeed Website sparked interest in me for the position of a Graphics Designer where I believe my contribution will be valuable for such a state-of-the-art media house. Having studied and graduated with a bachelor's degree in Graphics Design at one of the reputable colleges in the state, I possess innovative art and design principles that I would love to put into use in your company.
Moreover, the expertise I acquired from my former work station, Soft Media Ltd, will be valuable to the team at Royal Media. I am proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Animation Tools coupled with HTML, and CMS platforms like WordPress. My skills and highlights include:
- Excellent knowledge of print and digital graphic design.
- Impeccable skills in brand creation and extension, pre-press and printing processes.
- Spearheading the development and implementation of the layout and graphic presentation of news items in Soft Media.
- Working on interactive media and typography design, colour rendering and correction and packaging design.
- Crafting brochures, logos, presentations and advertisements so incredibly that client consumer rate improved by 31% within six months.
- Overseeing production project budget. With a range of $ 2,000 – $ 30,000, my team and I ensured projects were accomplished within the limited budget.
Given this opportunity, I will be dedicated to working with your team and clients to keep growing the company into new heights. I have attached letters of recommendation and awards gained from my former workplace. You will also find attached my resume'. I highly welcome the call to personally discuss how I may best serve your company. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tips for Writing a Graphic Design Cover Letter
Graphic Design Cover Letterr Examples Tips:
- Use succinct language. Brevity and clarity are key. Your graphic design cover letter should go directly towards the point.
- Run a spell-check. This means you need to edit, edit and edit. Read your letter severally correcting all grammatical mistakes and sentence incoherence. An error-free cover letter will automatically present you as a keen and attentive person.
- Make your stand out. Leave a mark on the mind of the prospective employer. Graphic designers deal with creativity. Be creative and avoid being predictable in your cover letter for a graphic designer.
- Market yourself. Flaunt your skills. Who said bragging for the right purposes is uncalled for? You want the job badly? Then highlight your experience, attributes, and personality that makes you stand out.
- Learn facts about the company. Feed their ego. The most outstanding facts should be at your fingertips. Find a way of bringing out the facts acquired in the letter you are writing. Making such references is a good start for a job seeker. The prospective employer will read your letter and think "Oh wow! Such a media fan!"
- Give a reason why you want to work for them. Re-enforce your deep-knowledge of the company. You can say something like "Your company has a concrete background in illustration and I believe my talent in the art will be fully exploited."
- Avoid a lengthy cover letter. A page is a perfect size. Try as much as possible to contain your details on one page.
- Avoid making vague addresses. Address a specific person. For instance, you can say "Dear Mr. Scott" or "Dear Sir/Madam." Avoid using vague words such as " Dear Hiring Manager."
- Do not praise your skill. Rather, strategically write what you are good at. Saying "I am a very talented art designer" makes you appear arrogant and over confident. Put it this way, "I am ready to learn, a hard worker and eager to embrace new challenges." You are more of pointing out your traits than bragging about them.
- Avoid giving your prospective employer extra baggage. But how? You give your potential extra baggage by making comments like "download my CV here…" to make it simple for them, attach your certificates and resume' on the letter. Create an online portfolio if possible then add your link that directs the employer to your portfolio.
How to Edit Graphic Design Cover Letter Template
To make your graphic design cover letter more attractive and professional, you can download some PDF cover letter templates from the Internet and then edit them to fit your own skills. Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, an all-in-one PDF editor, is your first choice to edit any PDF files.