While applying for a pharmacy job you can get ahead superbly with a pharmacy cover letter. Whether it's a pharmacy tech cover letter you can definitely improve your chances of being summoned for an interview. With the following tips and hospital pharmacy cover letter samples, you can craft a winning one.
- # Pharmacy Cover Letter Template
- # Pharmacy Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Pharmacy Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Pharmacy Cover Letter Template
Free Pharmacy Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for pharmacy. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Pharmacy Cover Letter Sample (Text)
22 Mannington St.
Downtown, MA 45333
Phone: (555) 444-6657
March 18, 2018
Mr. Jackson Bowman
Downtown Mannington Pharmacy
33 Mannington St.
Downtown, MA 45333
Dear Mr. Kaufman,
For the last 6 years, I have been the assistant Pharmacist at Dale County Hospital and read about the open Pharmacist Position in your company at hrcare.com with keen interest. Your requirements seamlessly align with my work history and competences as a reliable, diligent and competent pharmacist. I bring strong consistent record, effective and personalized customer care, maintenance of high pharmaceutical efficiency, and minimal administrative mishaps.
Personal career highlights include but not limited to:
- Sales boost by $10,000 every month through improved customer service, personalized service and customer education
- Introducing an automated tracking system saving 10 hours of manual recording of information every two days
- Training and recruiting of over 60 pharmacy technicians and interns to ensure the pharmacy remains efficient
I have also been offering growth strategies and advice to struggling pharmacies countywide at a consultancy level. In the process, 4 pharmacies have increased their profits by 40% and enhanced their customer care and competitiveness. Would you be interested in increasing Downtown Mannington Pharmacy profits by 50% in two months?
Do contact me via email or phone to discuss your needs and the position at your earliest convenience. Thank you for your consideration and patience.
Phone: (555) 444-6657
Tips for Writing Pharmacy Cover Letter
- Professional introduction. At times, the job description doesn't include a requirement for a pharmacy cover letter. However, unless clearly indicated that you shouldn't send one always prepare a letter to accompany your application. It helps to introduce you professionally and explain the reasons for the application and why you feel competent to take up the role.
- What the reader wants to see. Ask yourself first what the hiring manager is looking for and exactly what he or she would like to read in a cover letter. Use the job requirements to craft a winning letter that answers the top 4-5 requirements by tailoring the pharmacy tech cover letter to meet the requirements. If it's not clear you can actually give the hiring manager a call and ask them what they actually need to see.
- Come up with a great structure. With the cover letter, you've got a chance to market yourself and tell a good story about your competences and how they meet the needs of the open position. Use a proper structure ensuring letter has a beginning, body and end. Avoid haphazard writing by using a hospital pharmacy cover letter sample.
- Avoid sending as an attachment. If submitting a letter by email ensure you've placed it on the email main body and hardly as an attachment. Do this whether it's cover letter pharmacy intern application or not.
- Address a person. Avoid sending a cover letter “to whom it may concern”. Research online, call the company or check the job posting to find out the name of the recruiter or hiring manager, and address the cover letter to him or her.
- Professional situation. In the first paragraph of your pharmacy residency cover letter ensure you've indicated your current situation as a pharmacist and the reason for the application.
- Demonstrate employability. In the body or middle of your cover letter demonstrate to the hiring manager that you've got the experience, competency and skills critical for the specific role. Offer tailored examples and how your experience up to now proves this. Select 3-4 concrete but relevant examples demonstrating your experience, attributes and skills.
- Active voice. As you write about your accomplishments use an active voice while trying as much as possible to avoid being generic and vague in your statements.
- Avoid summarizing your CV. The cover letter is a unique example to market yourself and toot your own horn. It's not a summary of your CV but a chance to convince the reader to go ahead and read the CV.
- Use the cover letter sample. Make the most of a sample to help you craft a proper letter and avoid obvious pitfalls.
- Revise and edit your work. Find another individual to read the draft even if it's a pharmacy intern cover letter and rectify or raise grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
How to Edit Pharmacy Cover Letter Template
To win the chances for an interview, you need to prepare a strong PDF cover letter. Download one of the templates in this post, and edit it with a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, and you will get a perfect PDF cover letter for hospital pharmacy.