Businesses today work with increasing amounts of data, and not all of that is digital, but it needs to be. Data entry workers enter various types of data into the company's systems and help manage that data. As part of your application your data entry cover letter needs to stand out from those of other applicants. There are many data entry clerk cover letter examples online but the below sample cover letter for the data entry clerk position is a good starting point for writing your own letter.
- # Data Entry Cover Letter Template
- # Data Entry Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Data Entry Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Data Entry Cover Letter Template
Free Data Entry Cover Letter Template
Data Entry Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing to you to apply for the role of Data Entry Clerk at your company that I saw advertised recently. As someone with a lot of experience in data entry, I believe that I am the perfect candidate for the role.
For the past year, I have been working as a Data Entry Clerk at Brighton Associates and have excelled in that role. I have maintained high functionality while performing data entry, account reconciliation, and database maintenance. I have been commended for my abilities to problem solve as well as working independently and also as part of the wider team to deliver data entry requirements on time and to a high standard.
I believe in responding to requests from clients and colleagues in a timely fashion and I am adept in prioritizing projects amongst a multi-project workload.
I also have proficiency in MS Office, Labor Management Software and other computer technologies that will be vital to the role. Additionally, I can touch type 86 words per minute without errors.
Also, I excel at verbal and written communication and have a strong eye for detail.
Speaking to staff at your company I am impressed by the collaborative working culture you have developed, and I would like to become part of that. I hope I can join the team to serve you and your clients with efficient data entry.
My resume and referees are attached.
I would love the opportunity to discuss the role with you further and I am available for a follow-up conversation at any time.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing a Data Entry Cover Letter
In most cases, data entry is an entry-level role in most industries and because of this, there are often many, many applicants for every role. Because of this, your data entry cover letter needs to contain the right information and stand out. The above sample cover letter for data entry clerk positions is a great starting point for writing your own cover letter. The following tips and advice will provide you with more guidance on using the data entry cover letter sample as a framework for your cover letter.
- Attention to detail is essential for this role. Make sure your letter is presented well and you have checked your spelling before sending it to the employer.
- Be personal by addressing your cover letter directly to the correct contact who is hiring for the role. Find out who they are and use their name when addressing the letter.
- Also write using the active voice, as a way to help your personality shine through.
- Gain the employers' interest by explaining your skills and experience to date. This candidate outlines how long they have been working as a data entry clerk in their current position. They positively explain the work they have undertaken in the role and how they have been commended for their work by colleagues.
- They expand on how their personal approach to the work has resulted in success in the role. If you have any specific examples of successes with stats or evidence this is the time to include them.
- Get specific about any skills you have that will also be relevant to the role. Here the candidate talks about their proficiency with computer software and their touch-typing skills. They also outline their other soft skills to create a more rounded picture of them as a candidate.
- It's not just about how great you will be for the role, it is also about how the company aligns with what you want. Research what they do and outline what it is you like about their work. This will show you are serious about the role and have considered them properly before applying.
- Finish up by reminding the employer why you're are great for the data entry clerk job and state that you are available for a follow-up conversation to discuss the role further.
How to Edit Data Entry Cover Letter Template
To send a beautiful data entry cover letter, you can refer to some professional cover letter template first. You can download the free PDF cover letter template in this article and the use a PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, to edit and make changes to it. With this tool, you can get a strong and unique cover letter for a data entry position.