Want to improve your chances of landing a quality Chef job? A chef cover letter is a great way of doing this. A head chef cover letter for instance has a way of selling you better and faster than your resume ever will. With cover letter examples for chefs and tips you can craft the best chef cover letter out there.
- # Chef Cover Letter Template
- # Chef Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Chef Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Chef Cover Letter Template
Free Chef Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for chef. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Chef Cover Letter Sample (Text)
24 North Road, Aspen, CO 88758
March 24, 2018
Ms. Cassandra Miles
Swallow Wood Hotel
24 North Road, Aspen, CO 88754
Dear Ms. Miles, Kindly accept this letter as my show of interest for the open Chef de Partie position in your establishment as advertised in gourmethr.com. I believe my three years of chef experience, keen understanding of cooking and kitchen operations, amicable communication and interpersonal skills have prepared me well for the role.
As you will read in the enclosed resume, I am well trained and versed in diverse kitchen operations. I have strong cooking skills in preparation of soups, stocks and sauces as well as broiling and frying. I was a gourmet supervisor and culinary strategist in a previous post where I also supervised, trained and taught the staff on the preparation, display and cooking of different foods while ensuring the standards remained very high. I am well versed on the legal requirements related to public health, chemical safety and usage, fire procedures and safety, kitchen cleanliness and food care requirements. I was awarded for the best soup and exotic gourmet recipe in December and received memorable mentions in the August issue of Food Daily Magazine for it.
I welcome your email or call at your earliest convenience to discuss your needs and the position. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Tips for Writing Chef Cover Letter
- Don't lie in your cover letter. The worst thing you can do while crafting a chef cover letter is lying about your abilities in the kitchen. Be truthful or at least remember that the hiring manager might decide to clarify and check you out.
- Don't rewrite your resume. Even in a cover letter chef de partie you need not rewrite information already appearing on your resume. The cover letter is your way of marketing yourself and giving the hiring manager a chance to read the resume. It allows you to toot your own horn and sell yourself to the reader.
- Show thoroughness in your draft. A chief shouldn't be messy and unconvincing. Be as thorough as you can and offer information to the reader depicting your intent, capabilities and experience. Ensure these features are evident in your letter throughout to look complete. Make the most of a cover letter sample for chef to get details right.
- Confidence should be evident throughout the document. Everyone knows about the big egos, high standards and big turnover levels in the food industry. You need to be confident as a chef and to show it in your letter. Show you've a vision, self-confidence, creativity and strong resolve. Give the employer the chance to believe that you will survive in the often demanding affairs of their kitchen.
- Make it short and precise. There's no need of writing over one page of a cover letter. You can be sure the hiring manager will be reading lots of letters and if you don't give them a chance to read yours and look at the resume chances are your application won't go nowhere. The vision as a de partie or chief chef is to know what you really want. Ensure the chef de partie cover letter also shows this. Be emphatic on what you're bringing to the role such as the different cuisine types you're talented in, menu creation abilities and gift to transform leftover stock into quality meals high in demand. Indicate it in the letter.
- Don't shy away from showing off experience. Indicate the different big establishments you've worked in, big chef names you've collaborated with and drop a few big hotel titles if any, especially if it's a head chef cover letter.
- Be guided by the job requirement. The position titles might sound the same in different open positions but not so for job descriptions. To craft the perfect cover letter, ensure you've read the requirement of the position and write a piece showing you've the qualifications, experience and expertise to fill the role.
- Don't submit without rereading. Avoid submitting the draft chef cover letter without having reread it to identify any grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. Ask a friend to read it on your behalf to identify these mistakes. Above all, make the most of cover letter examples for chefs to get the format, tone and standard right.
How to Edit Chef Cover Letter Template
A beautiful PDF cover letter for chefs will sell you better and faster than resume. So just download a nice PDF cover letter templates and make some changes to it. To make changes to the PDF templates, you can try Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor. It will give you better experiences with PDF files than any other software.