When you become aware of new job opportunities at your place of work, you may consider drafting a cover letter for promotion purposes. Promotions are hard to come by in any workplace, because they usually require a position opening, either one recently created or one recently vacated. In this article, we'll introduce a cover letter for promotion sample, which you can use as a promotion cover letter template for your own purposes.
- # Cover Letter for Promotion Sample
- # Tips for Writing Cover Letter for Promotion
- # How to Edit Cover Letter for Promotion Template
Promotion Cover Letter Template
Cover Letter for Promotion Sample (Text)
Below you'll find a sample cover letter that you can use as an applying for promotion cover letter template:
Dear Ms. Neula,
I would like to formally express my interest in applying for the Assistant Manager position that recently opened up in our company's sales department.
As you're aware, I have worked as a Supervisor for the sales department for the last 3 years. In this time, I have gained extensive managerial experience by frequently assisting the managerial staff with all manner of administrative and training needs, including being personally responsible for several of our monthly stock deliveries.
I am positive that I have demonstrated my ability to work under pressure with our sales team to ensure that our department runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis, especially during the Christmas season where we are at our busiest. Alongside my own job duties, and the extra ones I have taken on over the years, I have also attended several of our leadership and management seminars, and at least 5 team building workshops.
My goal has always been to make our sales team as efficient and happy as possible. Which is why late last year, I helped implement a monthly staff social day to help balance our employees' work life and home lives a little better by giving them something rewarding to look forward to at the end of every month if sales targets were reached. Over the year that this system has been in place, it's been a huge success.
These are just a few examples of how my skills have grown since I've been with the company, and some of the things I've strived to accomplish. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this new position with you at your convenience. Please let me know when you have time to talk.
Tips for Writing Cover Letter for Promotion
Now that we've shown you one of our cover letter for promotion examples, you should be able to easily see what you need to include when you write to the manager of your company who is dealing with the promotion applicants. However, below are a few tips we've put together to keep you on the right track:
- Don't include your address. Your employer already knows who you are, and they'll be able to contact you during work hours, or by looking at your employee record.
- Make it obvious who you are. In a large company, there might be several people that share similar first or last names. State which department you work in, and what your current job title is to make it easier for the manager to find you.
- Mention how long you've been with the company. People that have been with the company for over a year are more likely to get a promotion, especially if they've shown a particular zest for the job and a love of the company and the work they do.
- Emphasise what you've done for the company. You're looking to be promoted, which means you must have a pretty good track record within the company. Give several examples of things you've done for the company, including any extra duties you've taken on.
- Talk about extra training. Companies often offer extra training for their employees, no matter what level they are, if you've attended any of these sessions, ensure that you mention them in your cover letter. If the training has helped improve your work, mention this, too.
- Include your duties. There is often overlap between job positions, especially from positions supervisor and above. The hiring manager will be looking for someone that they know can slide into the promotion with ease.
- Be interested. A promotion is always given to the right candidate; someone who shows an interest in their work and providing solutions to the company, someone who is a smart thinker, who pushes the boundaries. This is the person you need to show yourself to be.
- Create a call for action. In your final paragraph, mention your willingness to talk to the hiring manager at their convenience. They know where to find you, and with an internal hiring position, you're more likely to be called in for an "informal chat".
Refer back to these tips and our cover letter for promotion sample any time for some help writing your promotion cover letter. We wish you the best of luck.
How to Edit Cover Letter for Promotion Template
PDF cover letter becomes more and more popular in most companies, because PDF format can be accessed on any devices anytime. If you like our cover letter for promotion templates in this page, you can free download them and then edit them with a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. With this tool, you can edit and customize the texts, images in the templates easily.