The role of cashier is more important than it is sometimes given credit for. At the frontline of the retail experience cashiers are responsible directly for financial transactions and customer relations. Because it is often an entry level position it is a highly competitive job market to become a cashier. Your cashier cover letter needs to set you apart from the other applicants. The below sample cover letter for cashier with experience is the perfect starting point for writing your own cover letter for cashier roles.
- # Cashier Cover Letter Template
- # Cashier Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Cashier Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Cashier Cover Letter Template
Free Cashier Cover Letter Template
Cashier Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing to you to apply for the role of cashier at your store and believe I am the right candidate for job.
I am currently studying for a degree in Retail Management and have been working part time as a cashier in a sporting goods store for three years which has unfortunately now gone into administration, leaving me searching for a new part time position. The opening at your store has come up at the perfect time.
Please refer to my enclosed resume for full details of my work experience and qualifications to date.
My previous position has provided me with the chance to build and improve all the key skills related to the job of cashier, whilst developing my customer service skills.
With my experience and skills, I can offer you:
- Full knowledge of operating cash registers and cashier procedures
- Ability to process sale and return transactions
- High quality customer service skills
- Knowledge of processing traveler's checks, checks, refunds, gift certificates and food stamps
- Proficiency in MS Office software – Excel, Outlook and Word
Additionally, I am bilingual (speaking English and Spanish) and have excellent communication and teamwork skills. All this means I can effectively communicate with both customers and other people in the retail team. I am also punctual, have an attention to detail and I am 100% flexible with which shifts I work.
I am an admirer of the retail environment that your company creates and in future I would hope to progress into a management role with in your organization. I have had this ambition for several years.
I believe my past experience, skills and personality make me the perfect candidate for your cashier role. I would love the opportunity to discuss this position with you further and I am available for a follow-up conversation at any time.
Thanks for your time.
Tips for Writing a Cashier Cover Letter
With the high volume of applications employers receive for every cashier position it is important that your cover letter cashier is on point and stands out from the pack. The above sample cover letter for cashier position is a good framework to begin with writing your own cover letter for cashier positions. The tips and advice below will provide you with more guidance before you start writing.
- Appearance is everything with a cashier cover letter. Keep the writing brief, use a formal letter template and make sure you check the spelling before sending it off.
- Being personable is also a large part of a cashier's work. This is no different with the cover letter you send. Find out who the correct contact at the company is and make sure the letter is addressed directly to them. This personal touch is essential.
- Use bullet-points to highlight the most important parts of your skills and experience.
- Set the scene by outlining your past experience and skills. This candidate explains they are currently studying a degree in Retail and that they have been working as a cashier in a large retail store. This shows their commitment to retail as a career and also that they have some prior experience working as a cashier.
- A cashier is not the most skilled of roles and doesn't require formal qualifications, so it is important to focus on your soft skills and personality as much as the specific skills for the position. This candidate highlights how their past-experience makes them perfect for this role.
- Be specific about what skills you can bring to the role. This candidate has bullet-pointed the specific skills that relate directly to the position. This provides the employer with a quick reference list to see if you are right for the role.
- Also explain any other skills that you feel will make you stand out from the rest of the applicants. The candidate's bilingual language skills are mentioned alongside their communication and teamwork skills. This adds to how rounded you appear as a candidate.
- Employers also want to know that you have considered them as an employer properly. Research them and explain what it is you like about their organization.
- End your cashier letter by confirming why you think you are perfect for the role and make the employer aware that you are happy to discuss things further.
How to Edit Cashier Cover Letter Template
It is the best way to download the cover letter template in this page and edit it to make it your own cashier cover letter. To edit the template, you may need a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, to help you. You can make changes to the texts, images, signature etc.