As someone who is passionate about how accurate companies are when they conduct their day-to-day business, you may be considering applying for a job in auditing. Cover letter is quite important for applying for this job. In this article, we'll show you an example of a full audit cover letter (with previous experience) and a few tips to help you land your perfect job.
- # Audit Cover Letter Template
- # Audit Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Audit Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Audit Cover Letter Template
Audit Cover Letter Samples
This is a free cover letter template for the Audit Cover Letter. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Audit Cover Letter Sample (Text)
54 Delane Road
+44 7689 251638
Mr. Logan Redd
Audit Protection Co.
86 Bag Lane
Dear Mr. Redd,
Re: Open Audit Associate position at Audit Protection Co.
I came across your advert for an Audit Associate on your company's website. I am a person who is particularly passionate about ensuring that companies are able to operate to the best of their ability. I firmly believe that I have the knowledge and capability to take up this role as an Auditor for your company, Audit Protection Co. My previous experience and audit legislation knowledge mean that I already possess the skills to start working for you immediately.
Back in 2017, I graduated from Surrey University with a degree in Accounting. Over the last couple of years since then, I have been employed with another Auditing company, while taking several short law courses alongside my full-time work. In my company position, I have travelled across the country to audit all manner of companies, big and small.
Thanks to these experiences, I am confident in the use of various Auditing software that is currently available, as well as Excel, as some companies prefer their data to be on a program that they're familiar with. My auditing process is refined and streamlined.
I place great emphasis attention to detail while I'm auditing for a company. My main goal is to improve the company's efficiency and their processes by boosting their productivity. From the job description that your company has provided, I believe that I more than possess the qualities that you'd be looking for in an experienced Auditor.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my credentials with you in greater detail. Please feel free to contact me any time via my mobile or email (as noted at the top of this letter).
Tips for Writing an Audit Cover Letter
The above auditor cover letter obviously covers an auditor application for an individual that has auditing experience, however, several pieces of the main focus of the letter did not mention the previous auditing position. With an auditing job, the employer wants to know that you have all of the skills necessary to be an effective auditor for a company. If you're looking to become a trainee, you'll need a specific cover letter for audit trainee applications, which can be based on the one above with a few pieces of information switched out.
These are the main pieces of information you should definitely include in your audit cover letter:
- Your name and contact information.
- Your current work position, if applicable.
- Previous or current work experience which relates to the job you're applying for.
- Any education that you have which relates to the job you're applying for.
Following the things that you should include, this next list is things you should avoid, wherever possible:
- Try not to focus on yourself, rather, talk about what you can bring to the company. Highlight the skills that you have which will help your application.
- Avoid overly formal language. Write your cover letter about how you would speak to the employer face-to-face. This will help you keep a professional edge to your words.
- Don't repeat your CV. The employer will have already seen your CV, or they will be reading it shortly after your cover letter. They don't want to see or read the same information twice. A cover letter should introduce you as a professional, and what you can bring to the company if offered the position that you're applying for.
Lastly, we've listed a few tips to help you write your cover letter, no matter how much experience you're bringing to the role:
- Be confident but not egotistical. Do not say things like "I am the best candidate you'll come across", but rather, elaborate on the skills that make you the best candidate. It's all about subtlety.
- Prompt the employer to contact you. You can do this as you're closing your cover letter by writing something like: "I look forward to hearing from you." Or: "Can we schedule a time to discuss my application further?"
- Talk about your attributes, as well as your skills and experience. Elaborate on why you're the best candidate for the position, and what skills or experience you have that make you a unique candidate.
With the sample cover letter for auditors and the tips we've included, we're positive that you have a good shot at your job application.
How to Edit Audit Cover Letter Template
You may be considering to send a PDF cover letter for a job in auditing, as PDF format is becoming more and more popular in work. First, you could download the PDF cover letter template in this page and then edit it with a robust PDF editor: PDFelement. This ultimate tool will help you make any changes to the template with ease.