Since the invention of the Worldwide Web in the early 1990s, the internet has become central to our lives. People developing the services and applications for use on the net have become some of the most important people in the business. Jobs are highly competitive, so your web developer cover letter needs to stand out. Use the below cover letter web developer example as a starting point for writing your own cover letter for web developer roles.
- # Web Developer Cover Letter Template
- # Web Developer Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Web Developer Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Web Developer Cover Letter Template
Web Developer Cover Letter Template
Web Developer Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I recently saw your job advertisement for the new web developer position at your company and believe I would be perfect for the role.
Since an early age I have had a strong interest in programming through playing Minecraft, this interest led me to create new worlds within the game and also develop a fan site for fans using HTML. I recently graduated with a First-Class honors degree in Wed Development from MidWestern University and have since then been working developing a new website for an ecommerce company.
I have a wide and working knowledge of all major programming languages including HTML, Java, PHP, Python, CHS, PHP and C++ and I have an expert knowledge of the best third-party platforms to achieve various different outcomes. Whether working with platforms like Wordpress or building bespoke new systems I have always been commended for my high quality and practical solutions.
Since the launch of the new ecommerce site the company has enjoyed a 15% increase in site speed and the new, simplified booking system I created has increased online orders by 25%. Now that this site is in the maintenance phase rather than development I am looking for new challenges for my skills.
Despite your company working in a field that is completely new to me I believe that my previous experience and skills will be of huge benefit to you and will help you achieve your goals. I admire how your current web site and services are already ahead of the curve, using the most up-to-date technology. Building on this is something that excites me massively, and your culture is one that I would like to become part of.
I believe we have much to discuss and I would love to provide more information on how I could fill your web developer position. I am available for a conversation at any time.
Thanks for your time.
Tips for Writing a Web Developer Cover Letter
The field of web development is fast becoming one of the most essential as more and more of our lives more online. Competition for these roles is also becoming more competitive so your cover letter for web developer roles needs to stand out. There are many different cover letter examples web developer available online but the above cover letter sample for web developer jobs is a great starting point. The below advice and tips with help you get the most out of the above sample web developer cover letter.
- Keep your letter to the point and short. You should write no more than one-side of A4.
- While your letter does need to be well-written the focus needs to be on your web developing and technical knowledge. Write using technical language and buzzwords that illustrate your knowledge of the field.
- This is important! Research who the exact contact you need to send the cover letter too is and address the letter directly to them. Employers spend just eight seconds choosing whether to pursue a candidate or not. Not addressing the letter to them directly is a sure-fire way to get rejected.
- One thing can help you succeed – proofreading. Make sure you look over your web developer cover letter in detail for typos and mistakes before sending it off. If it is possible, get someone else to read over it as well.
- Start your web developer cover letter by briefly explaining why you are writing the letter and what you want to inform the employer of. Make them aware that you are great for the job.
- Outline your past experience and skills to start drumming up employer interest in what you are offering. This candidate takes a different route by explaining their interest in programming from an early age before explaining their recent academic qualifications. They also outline their recent employment history. At the stage don't give away too much information as you want the employer to want to contact you for more information.
- Expand on your skills and successes. The candidate explains their proficiency in the various programming languages and then explains some of the success their company's new site has enjoyed, using statistics. Again, don't give away too much information.
- Employers aren't just looking for people with the right qualifications and experience, they are looking for the right personality fit for their company. Explain what you like about their work and company culture and how you can fit into that.
- Close the letter by reminding them you are perfect for the role and they should get in touch with you to discuss things further. Leave them with no doubt you are keen and available to talk.
How to Edit Web Developer Cover Letter Template
A beautiful and strong PDF cover letter will help you land an interview successfully. To make a unique PDF cover letter for web developer, you can download the template first and edit it with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. This ultimate PDF editor can help you create and edit PDF documents with texts, images, font size, signature etc.