The design of a room can completely change how people interact with it and how it makes people feel. Interior designers are experts in this area of design, bringing rooms to life. Your interior design cover letter needs to show your specific experience and skills to impress employers.
The below interior design cover letter template will be a good starting point for your job application. Use it to write your own interior design resume cover letter.
- # Interior Design Cover Letter Template
- # Interior Design Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Interior Design Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Interior Design Cover Letter Template
Free Interior Design Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for interior design. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Interior Design Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I saw your recent job advertisement for a new interior designer role with great interest, as I believe I would be perfect to join your team.
Since graduating with a First Class Honors degree from the University of North in Interior Design four years ago, I have been working for Bespoke Interiors working directly with their corporate team designing and delivering interiors for commercial clients like hotels, retail stores and office facilities.
I began in a trainee position but soon rose to a full time position, and in the last year and a half I have led two big projects for important clients. My work with the AmHampton Hotel to redesign the interior of their ballroom space was highly commended at the Commercial Interiors Awards last year.
This design modernized a classic Art Deco theme to maintain the hotel's historic significance whilst making in sufficiently modern enough to bring it up to date. All my success has come from my ability to listen and take into account the needs of the client and then connect that with my own design ideas. I have achieved 100% client satisfaction with all projects completed so far because of this fact.
As the youngest member of the team at Bespoke I was able to bring a fresh perspective and new ideas to the projects I was involved with. This youth voice in the process helped create new designs that would not have simply come out of the existing team without my input. My excitement for new ideas has been of huge advantage to Bespoke.
Although your work with home clients is different from my own experience I feel I have much to offer your team. Looking at your company's work I am very impressed with your innovative approaches to design and fearless in trying 'out-there' ideas, always with stunning results. This is a culture I would love to be part of.
I would love the chance to discuss, in more detail, how my experience and talents can help you and I am available at any time for a conversation.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing an Interior Design Cover Letter
Interior design needs a high level of creativity but also practical skills to help that creativity bring rooms to life. Your interior design cover letter needs to display all these attributes well. The above sample cover letter for interior design roles is a great starting point to write your own successful cover letter interior design.
The tips and advice below with explain in more detail the above cover letter and what you need to write:
- Paperwork might not always be considered part of interior design, but professionalism is! Your cover letter needs to look professional. Use a professional letter format and a font that can be easily read by the employer.
- Employers don't spend long glancing at cover letters before deciding whether to continue reading or not – just eight seconds! If it is not personally addressed to them, you will reduce the chances of them reading further. Make sure you find out the name of the direct contact and address the letter to them directly.
- Begin you letter with a short summary of why you are sending the cover letter. In most cases this is that you have seen a job advertisement, are interested in the job and feel you are perfect for it.
- Move directly into highlighting your qualifications and experience so that the employer can establish your level and whether they want to pursue you. This candidate talks about her academic success, and her career experience to date, as well as the type of work she has undertaken so far.
- Now is the time to get specific about what you have achieved. Here the candidate talks about how quickly she progressed from trainee to full employer and, also, her award-winning success for a hotel project. At the point don't give away too much information as you want the employer to get in touch for more information and context about you.
- If possible, you should expand on your success by explaining what it is about your approach that makes you successful. The candidate's youth and fresh approaches play a big part here and will be of big interest to the employer.
- Now apply how what you have written above can apply to the new company and that job specifically. Getting a job is not just about what you can do for the company but how you will fit in there and what they can do for you. Show you have considered this by explaining what you like about their work and how you think you can support that work.
- Finally, remind the employer that you are great for the job and are interested in discussing the role further. Leave them with no doubt that they should contact you.
- There is one more essential thing you need to do before sending the letter. Proof-reading your interior design cover letter is a must. A cover letter crammed with typos and mistakes will be rejected by 90% of employers and is a pointless way to get rejected.
How to Edit Interior Design Cover Letter Template
A nice PDF cover letter for interior design will be your best helper to get the attention from the HR managers. Free download the PDF cover letter template in this post and then make changes to the content with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor. You can make any changes to the template, including the texts, signatures, images and even the formatting.