A travel itinerary is a very handy type of documentation. It is being used when someone is travelling and helps him or her to manage time efficiently and wisely since it has been planned before the trip has started. The details of the journey, including transportation and accommodation are organized and detailed in this type of itinerary. By using this type of itinerary, the traveler may avoid wasted time and hassle being in a foreign country. It can be made by the person travelling by doing some research and booking schedules in advance and sometimes it is also provided by the travel agency especially if the person travelling has availed a trip package wherein every little details of the trip is fully organized.
Travel itinerary may vary in format but has the same contents. A basic travel itinerary consists of important details such as name of the person travelling and his or her contact information, flight details, time, date, transportation, and location regarding the trip. The first part must be about the person traveling and all the essential information that may help his or her identity. Followed by the flight details, like arrival and departure time, to be exact, and the flight number. Some may also include details of transportation such as a car rental service. Last may be the accommodation details wherein the name of the place where the traveler would stay is included as well as the mode of payment of the traveler.
Creating your own travel itinerary could be really fun and exciting since it would feel like travelling in advance but one must know what should be taken care of and included. So here is a step by step procedure on how to make one:
Step 1 Make a draft about the travel details. Know what you want to do and where you are going and do some research so you’ll know what to expect and who to contact for some bookings and hiring services, you can also check airline tickets to get the details. Once everything has been confirmed and done, enlist all the details.
Step 2 Think chronologically. Start by customizing the title of the document so it would not be hard to find it once that you have arrived on your destination. Make a table or some cells wherein you’ll draw some separation columns and write down the categories of your itinerary. Include Date, Time, Transportation, and Hotel reservation or accommodation. Do not forget to include the contact numbers and information of the places and services that you are going and availing.
Step 3 Once the table is done, proceed on listing the down the activities and details in a chronological order. You can start with the flight details of your trip, next is the date of arrival in the place and then the estimated time, followed by the means of transportation to get to your destination. Continue doing so on the following hours and days filling in every category.
Step 4 Lastly, double-check and re-confirm everything that is written for a hassle-free trip.
1. Before starting the trip, make sure you have done research about the country or place you’re supposed to go in. There may be some difference in the culture and you might experience some culture shocks and as well as the time difference if there would be any. It is best to ask for some opinions of some colleagues and families.
2. Keep a copy of the itinerary for yourself and for your family or relative for this may help in tracking you down especially if you are going to be alone in this trip.
3. One may also include or attach a copy of a map of the place you are visiting for quick navigation. In this way, you can keep track of transporting and where you are currently in.
4. Add some numbers or contact information of the travel agency for any urgent concerns.
5. Keep on priority on what you wanted to do in your trip and where you want to go in order for you to truly enjoy your travel.
6. Keep your travel itinerary in a place wherein you can easily access it so you might not be wasting some of your time looking for it.