Pantone Color Chart: Free Download, Create, Edit, Fill and Print
- What is Pantone Color Chart
The Pantone color chart is a subset of the Pantone matching system which is a proprietary color space used in printing and some other industries. It is a standardized color reproduction system and the whole essence is to standardize the color so that different manufacturers can refer to the Pantone system to ensure colors match without meeting each other. The Pantone color chart template has been widely adopted by designers, artists, printers and manufacturers for accurately identifying, designing as well as communicating. The Pantone color chart which has numbered colors helps printers and designers to control and specify colors for print projects like Pantone color book or Pantone color wheel.
- Tips for Filling A Pantone Color Chart
As said earlier, the Pantone color system is a standardized color reproduction system that allows people to determine the color of ink by just matching it with Pantone color swatches without having to contact a partner or client when performing printing operations. It is also important to understand that graphic designer will employ the Pantone color chart to create graphics and web content. You can use the Pantone color chart by matching Pantone color samples with swatches using computer software following these steps listed below.
1. Open the image which you are trying to determine the colors in a program that has the pantone color palette. Note that programs such as Adobe Photoshop use the pantone color chart for drawing and painting. If the program has more than one color set available, it is important to make sure that the pantone color charts are selected.
2. Click on the eyedropper in the tool menu.
3. Drag it over to the image in question.
4. Click on the specific color with the eyedropper. At this point, the pantone color which matches the color is expected to appear to appear in the color palette and note the number written next to it.
5. For off screen system, the pantone color cards could be downloaded from the internet.
6. Search through the chart and find the color you are searching for.
7. Hold the color chart up to the color and identify the different shades of the color.
8. Pick the different shade matching the object and check the pantone color number for future use.
- Pantone Color Chart Basic Format
The pantone chart consists of over 595 pantone colors designed to give a whole lot of options when searching for a matching color. The chart helps printers and designers to specify and control colors for print projects. The format consists of large layers of colors arranged in a systemic manner. Each color shade is identified with a special number which serves at its identity.
- More Tips about Pantone Color Chart
1. It is important to consider putting your pantone color chart on a board or matte without the inspiration in the background.
2. Like for every other color engagement, it is important to review basic color theory so as to familiarize yourself with the definitions of value, hue and intensity. This is helpful for the effective usage of the pantone color chart.
3. Study the Pantone color chart properly and understand the basics and format before using it for color identification.