Every entitled person who was approved to use a DA Form 5960 must know how to effectively fill this form. DA 5960 is highly recommended to read the form first for a hint of what and where to write. So here are the step by step procedures on how to fill DA form 5960:
1. Find the official download site or even the official DA form 5960 fillable on the web. A soldier can also ask for this form on their chain of command once granted.
2. On the first page of the form, from boxes 1 to 3, fill in the required information which is the identification. A social security number is needed so be sure to provide this in a legibly manner, and all throughout the form.
3. In boxes 4 to 5, the applicant would be asked to write down the type of action for filing the form, it can be crossed out of checked in the boxes provided by the form. In this part the duty location of the applicant is also asked so be sure not to skip this one.
4. Box 8 is more on stating some personal information which is the marital status of the applicant and the dependants such as off springs.
5. Box 9 is where the applicant must write or provide information about the quarter that will benefit the request or will be changing.
A higher ranked officer can choose and select their quarter’s information if moving or if the applicant is not entitled to do this part, a commanding officer must be the one in charge of this area.
6. There is a part in the DA 5960 fillable form wherein the applicant must indicate information if he or she would be having a dependent living in the same quarter, this is Box 10 respectively. If the space provided is not enough for the dependents, it can be written at the back of the form.
7. In box 12 it is more on accounting and enlisting the monthly expenses that the applicant’s dependants(if any) accumulates and they must be not currently living in with the applicant. There is also a part in the form wherein monthly obligations of the applicant must be stated likewise.
1. An entitled person to use this form must read first everything that is needed in the form; this is to avoid mistakes when filling up.
2. Write neatly as possible so the person-in-charge for studying the submitted form may easily understand everything that is written.
3. The commanding officer and the applicant himself must not forget to sign the form to certify that this is legitimately done.
4. It is ideal to keep a copy of the filled in form for a reference in the future.