How to Setup QuickBooks Multi-User
Among the many features and benefits of using the QuickBooks accounting software is the ability to add multiple users. This feature allows you to connect and access your company’s file from another host or server computer. In this article, you get to see how you can do Quickbooks multi user setup.
How to Install Multi User QuickBooks on a Server
Before you can set up Quickbooks multi user, you have first to install the Quickbooks Pro multi usersoftware on your computer. And to do that, follow the installation instructions below to setup Quickbooks multi user mode.
- First, ensure that all running files on your computer are closed including virus protection. This is because they may interfere with the installation process.
- Then you insert the QuickBooks CD into the drive and start the program.
- Proceed to select yes to all when asked to overwrite existing files. Click next and agree to the agreement and then next again.
- Click on custom and networks and from the options select the one that doesn’t require a licence but allows you install the company files through which you can share your company’s files over the network.
- Click on more than one user and then select install database server only. Follow the installation prompts and choose the option that will allow access other computers to open files on this computer. Then click on next.
- Click on install then on finished to launch the QuickBooks.
- Then select the scan folders and click on add folder. Then proceed to choose the location where the company’s file is stored.
- Select scan and then close when the scanning process is complete.
How to Configure QuickBooks Database Server Access
Once you have successfully installed the QuickBooks, the next thing you have to do is configure the database server access. The steps for that are outlined below.
- Enter the QuickBooks, click on files and then on the utilities menu.
- Then on the computer, you want to use for the administrator access, click on the file and then utilities. From the option displayed, select "host multi-user access".
- Click on the company’s menu and select users and passwords.
- Add the username and password then proceed to choose the access option for the user. Here, you also need to set up the deleting and changing transaction options for the user. Then click on finish.
- Then proceed to the various computer connected to the network, open the QuickBooks and select file and then select “open or restore” company.
- Select the open a company file and click on next.
- Search the network location where your QuickBooks database server management file was stored and click on it to open.
- Input the username and password for each computer and log in.
Best Alternatives to QuickBooks: FreshBooks
FreshBooks is one of the best alternatives to get the services provided by QuickBooks at an affordable price. As QuickBooks dominates the market of accounting software, its prices for the services offered are high. FreshBooks also come equipped with top of the notch features and specially created with small business in mind. It allows you to carry out all your accounting transactions from the same platform. It is straightforward to use and has one of the best cloud storage system.Try Freshbooks for Free >>>
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
- How to Record Credit Card Payments in QuickBooks
- How to Delete a Payment from Deposit in QuickBooks
- How to Enter Credit Card Payments in QuickBooks