Project managers are tasked with overseeing the planning, implementation, and keeping track of projects in a company. Therefore, a project manager cover letter should essentially expound on the skills that make you stand out as an excellent organizer. If you are looking to apply for a new job in this domain, then this article gives you incredible tips on how you can write a project management cover letter that will land you a job interview. We will also give you a sample of cover letter for a project manager to help you craft yours.
- # Project Manager Cover Letter Template
- # Project Manager Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Project Manager Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Project Manager Cover Letter Template
Free Project Manager Cover Letter Template
Project Manager Cover Letter Sample (Text)
5678 Remi Street,
L.A, California, 5674 United States
24 February 2018
Ms. Franky Lee
Human Resource Manager,
8907 Pine Avenue,
Dear Ms. Lee,
RE: APPLICATION FOR A PROJECT MANAGER POSITION
With valuable experience as a Project Manager at Media Max, I am applying for the position of Project Manager which was advertised on 20th February on your website. I graduated in 2004 with a Bachelor's degree in Project Management. Later on, I enrolled for a master's in Science Degree, Business. Since then I have had eleven years of experience both in private and corporate cultures.
You will realize from the recommendation letter attached, that I have an incredible record of managing projects successfully. I have overseen projects of over $1 million to their completion. My responsibilities at my former workplace included planning projects, recording progress of projects, managing the day in day out projects and ensuring customer satisfaction. Among other duties I also:
- Led internal audits and established an expense reduction of $ 2.3 million cost savings in 2016.
- Provided solutions to engineering that were related to pricing, savings and cost estimates.
- Analyzed, developed and improved technical systems and processes.
- Mentored salespeople, managers and even clients on ways of achieving a win-win situation and maintaining beneficial long-term relationships.
I believe that with these skills I bring to the table, what the company needs to maintain and improve the state-of-the-art impression it has created over the three decades it's been in existence. If I get the chance to work with you, I will ensure that I meet the stakeholder's expectations. Embracing new challenges gives me the thrill to challenge myself.
Thank you for considering my application. Find attached my resume' and certifications. I am looking forward to hearing from you.
Tips for Writing a Project Manager Cover Letter
In writing your project manager's cover letter, small things matter too. Since a project manager should be extremely keen on detail, any small mistake might cost you the job. Review these tips that guide you in writing a cover letter for a project manager.
- Use the appropriate tone and jargon. Did you know that tone determines whether you are familiar with the company's culture and job description? A project manager's letter should adopt a highly formal tone. An artistic job, for instance, will require a less formal tone. So, visit the website of the company and study their language culture.
- Sprinkle your work history. Tailor your past duties to suit the job project manager's job you are seeking.
- Evoke interest in the job you are seeking. Express how thrilling it will be to be part of the transformation of the company or a particular concept. For instance, as a project manager, you would mention how thrilled you will be to see new projects arise, implemented and successful at a manageable budget.
- Answer; What would you solve in the company? You need to grasp the fact that it is not about you getting the job. It is about the company getting a solution to a challenge. Your cover letter, therefore, should answer within the first few sentences.
- Less is more. In other words, keep your letter short. Brevity and clarity are essential. Three paragraphs are enough although if it trickles to four, it's no biggie. A maximum of one page is enough. Jump right away into the juicy part of who you are professional.
- Send your letter in PDF format. This applies if you send the application in soft copy. Everyone can virtually access PDF. Some computers are unable to open various forms like .docx. PDF cannot easily tamper, unlike word doc.
What to avoid in a project manager cover letter:
- Do not repeat your resume. A common mistake that job seekers tend to do is paragraphing their resume'. Your project manager's cover letter should reflect your personality and raise curiosity about who you are career-wise.
- Do not make a vague address. Avoid words like "Dear Hiring Manager" or "To Whom it May Concern if you absolutely do not know who you are writing to, your salutation should read "Dear Sir/ Madam." However, if you know the name of the addressee, go with an example like "Dear Mr. Jones" or "Dear Ms. Lee." Check out the project manager's cover letter sample above.
Bonus tip about writing project manager's cover letter:
The bonus tip is that avoid sounding inexperienced by starting your letter with a sentence like: My name is Sam Jones. I mean they already know your name since you wrote it before the address. This kind of beginning makes you appear very raw and inexperienced thus you should avoid it in any cover letter project manager.
How to Edit a Project Manager Cover Letter Template
To make a powerful project manager cover letter, you need to choose an appropriate cover letter template. And then you need to edit the template with the best PDF editor: Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. It can customize the PDF cover letter by making changing to the contents, formats, images, and graphics in the template.