As the key support for pharmacists, pharmacy technicians are key medical workers who need specific training and skills. A pharmacy technician cover letter needs to successfully show all the relevant details to make the employer sure you are right for the job. The below a cover letter for the pharmacy technician sample will act as a good framework for writing your own successful cover letter for pharmacy technician job roles.
- # Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Template
- # Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Template
Free Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for a pharmacy technician. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I read your job posting for a new Pharmacy Technician position with great interest and I am writing to you to apply for the role.
I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) and having recently moved into your area I am actively looking to join a multidisciplinary healthcare team such as yours. I have over eight years of experience working in both hospital and retail settings. Following graduating from Midwestern University with a pharmacy technician certification, I joined a retail pharmacy team as a technician in a large drugstore in the local area. With every performance review, I achieved high marks and was consistently praised for my attention to detail, measurement of medications, and maintaining customer records and insurance information.
Following this I accepted a position at Western Medical Center, working in the hospital formulary there. In this role, I achieved the same praise for my work.
Both areas of work allowed me to expand my knowledge.
I have extensive knowledge of everything needed to fill your new position including, but not limited to, third-party formularies and plan limitations, medical terminology, metric weights and measure, apothecary, and pharmaceutical calculations.
I enclose my resume for your perusal.
Your medical center has a strong reputation as one of the best facilities in the region and that is a culture I would like to offer my skills and experience to. I believe I would be a valuable asset to your team.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this matter with you further and I am available for a conversation at any time.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter
Good cover letters for pharmacy technicians will relay all the relevant information quickly and in a way that is easily accessible for the employer. They need to see you are right for the role in a short space of time. The above pharmacy technician cover letter template is a great starting point to write your own pharmacy cover letter with experience.
- When making measurements, attention to detail is an important part of the pharmacy technician role. Your letter needs to be properly presented with a formal letter template and a readable font, to create the best first impression.
- Focus heavily on your specific training and skills for the pharmacy technician role but provide context about your personality and working abilities throughout. As well as academic skills, your personality is important for this job role.
- There is a lot of information to get across but keep your cover letter short. One page of A4 is ideal.
- Expand on your qualifications with a quick run-down of your academic and work career to date. This candidate outlines their academic qualifications, training and progress through different job roles all the time relaying how this is relevant to the job they are applying for.
- Following on from this state the exact, specific skill areas all this experience has provided you with. This can be done as a standard paragraph or a bullet-pointed list. Use whichever you feel is going to display your skills in the best manner.
- Employers will also be looking for an indication that you have considered them as an organization before applying. State what it is you like about their work and how you see yourself fitting into that culture. This will show that you have considered the role properly before sending an application.
- Close your letter by saying you would welcome the opportunity to discuss the role further and that you are available for a conversation at any time. Entice the employer to get back in touch.
- Back to attention to detail, you need to properly proofread your cover letter before sending it to the employer. A letter with typos and mistakes will be rejected almost immediately and the employer won't even take time to look at your experience and skills.
How to Edit Pharmacy Technician Cover Letter Template
A beautiful PDF cover letter for pharmacy technician positions will draw attention of the hiring manager in the first place. You can download the professional PDF cover letter templates here and edit it with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, a robust PDF editor. By making changes to the templates, you can get a brand-new cover letter for yourself.