Modern life involves less physical activity than in the past and fitness is now something that needs to be achieved deliberately. Personal trainers help people achieve fitness and a healthy lifestyle through their knowledge and guidance. There is a lot of competition for personal trainers and it can be a lucrative career path, so your personal trainer cover letter needs to stand out. The below personal trainer cover letter sample is a good starting point for writing your own letter.
- # Personal Trainer Cover Letter Template
- # Personal Trainer Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Personal Trainer Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Personal Trainer Cover Letter Template
Personal Trainer Cover Letter Template
Free Personal Trainer Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am writing to you to apply for your new Personal Trainer position at Total Fitness and believe I am perfect for the job.
I recently achieved my CPR/AED certification and passed through the live skills check. For the past 6 months, I have been in a trainee position with Global Gyms shadowing their personal training team and covering for classes and helping develop fitness programs for new clients.
Additionally, I am gaining further certification on Fitness Nutrition and Youth Fitness through the American Council on Exercise to increase my skills and offer a wider range of services during my fitness sessions. Youth fitness is an area that I am passionate about and combating obesity through exercise and proper nutrition is an area I have a lot of knowledge and interest in.
Total Fitness' youth programs are something that attracted me to apply for this role, especially your project providing personal training to local at-risk children and the classes you provide in conjunction with local schools. Seeing fitness as a benefit and service for the wider community makes you stand out as different from companies seeing fitness as just a business. It is this outlook and culture that I am looking to become part of.
Outside of my work fitness is a way of life for me. I have been competing on triathlons and marathons for the past 3 years and have been volunteering as coach of a local soccer team. These activities allow me to see how fitness applies to my own goals as well as developing regimes that can get the best out of others.
With my up-to-date knowledge, passion for fitness and nutrition and abilities I believe I would be a valuable addition to your team.
I would love the opportunity to discuss your position and my experience in more detail and I am available for a conversation at any time. Please do get in touch.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing a Personal Trainer Cover Letter
As people struggle to fit fitness into their daily schedules personal trainers are becoming more and more sought after and the role can be competitive. Your personal trainer cover letter needs to properly display your skills, experience, and passion for fitness in a successful manner. The above personal trainer cover letter sample is a good starting point for your own letter.
- A personal trainer is not a desk-bound job and will only require a small amount of paperwork, but that doesn't mean that your cover letter doesn't need to look professional. Make sure you make the best first impression by using a standard, formal letter template, and a font that can be read.
- Don't write in a passive voice (the gym I worked in) use the active voice (I worked in a gym) instead. This is a more direct personal use of language.
- Make sure you properly proofread your letter to pick up on any mistakes or typos. Failing to do this could lead to a quick rejection and you won't get a callback and you definitely won't get the job.
- Begin by explaining why you are writing the letter and outlining what you hope to achieve with it. In short, you would like the job.
- Explain your relevant skills and experience to show the employer that you have the right credentials, so they know they should read on. The candidate here explains their recent certification and their trainee position, outlining some of the work they undertook during it.
- They expand on this by explaining that they are currently gaining further qualifications which will be of use in the role. They use specifics of how this aligns with their passions and goals, all the time applying it directly to the personal trainer role.
- Employers like to know why you have chosen them to apply to. The candidate above explains that they are impressed by the youth programs and the other work they do with local schools. This shows a serious level of research and that you have properly considered why you would like to take on that specific role. Always apply how you can fit directly into this work culture.
- The candidate now explains how fitness is a huge part of their personal life and how this is of benefit to how they can do the job. This provides a glimpse into the person outside of the profession and shows there is more to them. Employers are looking for well-rounded individuals, make sure you show that.
- End the personal trainer cover letter by summarizing why you are great for the role and reminding the employer that you are keen to discuss the role further and are also available to have a conversation.
How to Edit Personal Trainer Cover Letter Template
Interested in the PDF cover letter template in this page? Just free download it and make it your own unique personal trainer cover letter. You can use Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor, to help you edit and customize the contents in the PDF templates.