Are you applying for a custodian job? Use the following sample custodian cover letter and tips to get ahead of other candidates. A cover letter for custodian position will draw the interest of a hiring manager right away and change your fortunes. A sample custodian cover letter will help you get required details right.
- # Custodian Cover Letter Template
- # Custodian Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Custodian Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Custodian Cover Letter Template
Free Custodian Cover Letter Template
Custodian Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Johntown, NC 45678
March 8, 2018
Ms. Lucie Massey
33 Hoving Ave.
Johntown, NC 45678
Dear Ms. Massey,
This letter is in reply to your advertised Custodian position on your company website. With over 10 years' experience I have organized and developed excellent work flow with efficient results that will be of great service to BICO Company. In all these years, I have worked independently and in teams to maintain and clean facilities of a diverse nature.
Beyond cleaning I am also able to offer extensive repairs in both electricity and plumbing as well as repairing and unblocking water pipes. At a previous position in a 5-star hotel I was the assistant to the supervisor and worked with over 50 other employees. All the assignments I handled and managed were superbly performed timely and superbly. I keep myself familiar and updated with the latest cleaning equipment safety information, cleaning guidelines and procedures.
I hold level II Janitorial, Repair and Sanitation Diploma from St Marks College and certified to serve in the state.
Enclosed is my resume indicating my competences and skills. Any opportunity to meet in person and discuss your needs and the position at the earliest convenience will be highly appreciated. I thank you for your consideration and time.
Tips for Writing Custodian Cover Letter
- Do mention clear details in the custodian cover letter. As much as you can do avoid writing broadly and being unclear about responsibilities handled over the course of your career. Speak about the custodian details previously completed and achieved accomplishments.
- Skills and certificates should be mentioned. Don't forget the employer wants a qualified custodian. Even as you highlight the years you've worked as a custodian don't forget to highlight specific skills and certifications. It tells the hiring manager right away about your knowledge and ability to get jobs completed.
- Make the most of numbers in the cover letter. Quantify accomplishments rather than use such terms as 'great', 'most' or 'lots' for a quick and emphatic effect on the reader. If you were a custodian in a hotel with 30 employees or 100 clients at any given time mention that rather than say a hotel with 'many clients'. Numbers are impressive and poignant.
- Write about why you stand out. Note that a cover letter is not a summary of your resume but another chance to market yourself and convince hiring manager to read your resume. It's also not about what you've accomplished previously only but also selling yourself. Write it in a way that the screener will be hooked in by your work ethic, expertise, experience and competences. Prove you're perfect for the open position rather than just having a cover letter done.
- Maintain the tone of the job posting. One of the easiest ways of attracting hiring manager's interest is using some words, phrases and tone used in the job description. If the position is looking for a custodian with 5 years' experience use such exact phrases even in a cover letter for custodian for school.
- Align your qualifications with the position. Since you already know your skills and qualifications read the job description and seek to answer or direct your attention to the top 4-5 job requirements. Show why you're highly qualified and stand out.
- Don't omit best points. Most people actually ignore points and strengths that make them unique. Give reasons why you deserve an in-person meeting or interview. Others fail to mention them in the letter and leave resume to cover that. You cannot go wrong with emphasizing top competences.
- Watch out the length of the cover letter. It should ideally be one page and very punchy, concise, compelling and cognizant of the time of the reader.
- Use a sample custodian cover letter. With custodian cover letter examples you'll not miss any critical detail. A custodian cover letter sample is effective in ensuring you've covered all areas and capture what's needed.
- Revise and edit. Read cover letter for custodian position aloud to ascertain grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. You can even ask another individual to read it on your behalf.
How to Edit Custodian Cover Letter Template
A strong PDF cover letter will draw the interest of the hiring manager quickly. The custodian cover letter templates in this page will help you get started with your own cover letter. You can also make changes to the templates directly with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, a professional PDF editor. It will help you edit and customize the PDF cover letter easily.