As an account executive, your task will be to be the bridge between companies and advertising agencies, all while coordinating the campaign. With your cover letter for account executive, you must show a good understanding of client's needs and objectives. When you are writing the account executive cover letter, focus more on the company and the clients, and less on you. It is vital that you identify their requirements. There will be plenty of opportunities to land a position, and writing a good cover letter will get you closer to your goal. Here is how to do it.
- # Account Executive Cover Letter Template
- # Account Executive Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Account Executive Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Account Executive Cover Letter Template
Free Account Executive Cover Letter Template
This is a free cover letter template for account executive. Free Download and customize it according to the sample text below.
Account Executive Cover Letter Sample (Text)
[ Date ]
[ Company Address
Company City, State,
Hiring manager email]
Thanks to the advertisement at [website] I came to the understanding that your organization is currently in need of an experienced professional. I believe that my five years plus of experience working as an accountant and in the accounting world, would make me an excellent candidate that meets your company's needs.
In addition to working as an accountant, I have solid background in customer service and vendor relationships, which I believe will further help me be a cultural fit for your company. At the moment, I handle a number of duties, including high priority account management client recruitment, customer follow up, providing customers with attention they need and help them make smart decisions, all while keeping the company's best interests in mind. Several months ago, I've moved into a leadership position, and I grasped the opportunity to extend my skills into training and leading the activities of other members of the team.
Some of the skills and achievements I can bring to the company include:
- Formulating, presenting, and monitoring sales plans that increase sales.
- Proven track record of surpassing targets, be it monthly, quarterly, or annually.
- Generating qualifying leads.
- Realizing more than $1m in annual sales and getting into the top 10 sales employee for the past two years.
- Great negotiation skills, and I have resolved conflict and promoted positive resolutions mutually beneficially in a number of situations.
- Flexible and skilled negotiator that can build and maintain customer relationships.
- Modest experience in training other representatives about brand and product knowledge.
- Knowledge of domestic and international markets.
I am confident that I can bring all of this and more to the company and be a valuable addition to the team. I welcome you to contact me either by phone or email to arrange a meeting and I look forward to speaking with you. Thanks for the time and consideration.
Tips for Writing Account Executive Cover Letter
- Be concise, your account executive cover letter sample should be one page long and divided into three to four paragraphs.
- Consider sending your cover letter as a PDF file. PDF is a universally accepted format, and anyone can open it on any device.
- If possible, call the recruiter by their name. It will catch their attention immediately.
- Do not include social links. Yes, Linkedin profile might be tempting, but do not add it in your cover letter.
- Do not write for a search engine. Show your human side, do not write way too formal cover letter.
- Do not forget to add a date. It is the one formality that is a must.
You are probably sending cover letters and resumes to multiple institutions. But they should not know this. Therefore, customize and make it look like you are sending a cover letter for that particular company. For example, instead of writing "I would be pleased and happy to work for your company", write the name of the particular company. And make sure you address the specific needs with your talents.
Use a sample
You can find many account executive cover letter examples. It is important to view them as exactly that, an example of how your cover letter should look. Never copy an example word by word. Use the example wisely, as your inspiration and guiding lines for how to craft a unique cover letter that stands out of the crowd.
Focus on important keywords
Keywords will help hiring managers identify your cover letter as one that fits the needs of the company. When applying for an accounting position, you should focus on keywords like communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal abilities, ability to work in a team, and independently, persuasion and negotiation skills computer proficiency, interest in digital technologies, and networking skills.
We mentioned that it is important to customize the cover letter. One way to do that is research the company. Start by reading the job description, and then head to any review and research websites like Glassdoor for example, and understand the company's goals, values, and what they are looking for in a candidate.
Tell a story
Your resume follows rigid structure. But your cover letter is a great way to tell a story where you come from, where you stand at the moment, and where you hope to be. But make sure to keep the story short, it is not an autobiography.
Numbers are important, but not crucial
You might be inclined to include as many numbers and percentages as you can. After all, accountants understand everything in numbers. But do not overdo it. There is a fine line, and that means using numbers only when they tell a story and emphasize an achievement.
How to Edit Account Executive Cover Letter Template
If you want to edit the PDF cover letter for account executive template, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor will help you do the business. It is the most easy-to-use PDF editor in the market, comparing to Adobe Acrobat, Foxit, Nitro Pro etc.