The work order form is not a complex document and can be created within minutes by anybody who understands the work order concept and the work order format. The following steps will help to create a basic maintenance work order form template which is the most popular type among so many work order forms.
1.You have the option of creating the work order from scratch, using a wizard or downloading a work order template available on the internet. Open a Microsoft word application or any other desktop publishing application.
2. Create a suitable line for the location or address for where the work is expected to be performed. You can include the office or unit number.
3. Add a line for the date of entry and the date of completion. Note that the date of entry should be placed next in line for the signature of the person who is going to take the order. On the other hand, the date of completion should be followed by a line of the name of the person who is expected to complete the work.
4. Add optional fields for additional information. The information for this field may include the hours, total work, cost, parts used to get the job done. You also have the option of adding a section for notes or any other relevant comment.
5. You can decide on the format to use. It is important to understand that there is no super format. All formats are good depending on the information it carries. Also, you may want to use a checklist form or a format where the work order will be completed in sections. In some cases, you may want to make it specific to a particular department or task that will only require column for the task and a date of completion. Whatever the case, ensure that the format captures the basics of the work order form.
6. You can add a column for job approval and a feedback message for the completed job.
7. Preview the work order created and checks to see if it meets requirements. Make additional adjustments if not satisfied with the outcome till you are okay with the created template.
There are so many different kinds of free work order templates available each with its own different format. However, it is important to understand that any acceptable work order format must include the basic information required for a proper execution of a service. The information that must be available on a basic work order format include the name of the requester, the job or work description and other details like the work order number, request date, delivery date , request date, payment terms, applicable taxes, total cost and authorized signature. These details are important because they are necessary to ensure that there is a standard flow of information within the parties involved in the work process.
1. Like any other order documents, you have the option of adding special sections to the work order. These special sections include the legal disclaimer, warranty information, contractual details or note to clients. Remember, the work order document can serve as a legal document; therefore, it is important that all these special features be made clear to avoid an unwanted consequences.
2. When using downloaded work order templates to create a work order form, ensure you use the right template tailored for your requirements. Do not use random work order templates as this may not work.
3. Print work orders on bright colored papers in order to differentiate them from a regular sales order.