The following steps will guide you on how to create a revocation of power of attorney form PDF.
1. Learn Who Can Revoke Power of Attorney
Revoke power of attorney form cannot be completed by anyone else. For example, you cannot revoke a power of attorney created by someone even if the person is your sibling. The person for whom the power of attorney covers is known as the principal. In this case, it is only the principal who can revoke the power of attorney while he or she is mentally competent to do so.
2. Decide on the Route of Revocation
There are many options to this. Revocation of power of attorney can be done by the person just ending the whole process and deciding not to proceed further durable power of attorney for health care. It can also be done in such a way that the person revokes the current medical power of attorney with the view of executing a new one with different terms or choosing another agent all together. Although revocation of the power of attorney on both routes is slightly different, we are more concerned with a total revocation at this point.
3. Learn Your State’s Procedure:
This is very important because each state may have a slightly different procedure for revoking power of attorney. It is advisable to check specific laws pertaining to states in this regard before proceeding. For example, in some states, the revocation of power of attorney can be as simple as the principal informing the agent of the revocation and then making sure that all copies of power of attorney have been destroyed. However, some states could be different. For example, some states could demand the power of attorney revocation document be signed in the presence of a notary.
4. Create the Document
Create the document to include the required basic information on the form. The information should include the principal and the agent’s lawful name and address, the effective date of the revocation and the signatures of the parties involved.
1. Ensure that the signed revoked power of attorney documents is sent to any third party involved such as banks , physicians as may be required. This is applicable if the power of attorney has been initially sent to the third parties. Therefore, it is important to send the revoked document to enable them act accordingly.
2. If the revocation of power of attorney is sent to a third party through mail, note that it will not be recognized until it is received. Therefore, ensure that you have a proof of your agent’s knowledge about revocation before it is being sent to ensure that the agent does not act contrarily before it reaches the third party.