Last Will and Testament Form - Free Download
- Tips for Filling the Template
1. The first step to creating a last will and testament form is to take stock of your assets and any possession of any net value of your own. Also, ensure you mark assets that have sentimental value to friends or family. It must be comprehensive.
2. Decide how you will like to create the Will. You can download the will and testament template and get it filled or you can decide to create a new last will and testament blank form. However, note that it must maintain the standard format，just like the format in the last will and testament sample.
3. To fill the Last Will and Testament form, it is important to check on the state law where you reside to ensure that you are making a document that conforms to their requirements.
4. When you are filling the form, ensure you properly identify yourself to include your real first name, middle name, and last name. Also ensure that you fill in your address, social security number, and your driver’s license number if applicable.
5. You will have to list all your possessions which include anything that may also be in your name which includes cars, boats, bank accounts, established businesses, and properties, or real estates. Ensure that anything that may have some personal value to a friend or a family member is listed.
6. Select and executor. An executor is a person who will be responsible to handle your estate after your death. It is important to ensure that the appointed executor is not just only mature to handle to issue but has what it takes to take care of the Last Will to you pass on.
7. Ensure that the Last Will and Testament form is signed using your traditional sign that you have been using all your life to ensure that the document cannot be contested. At this point, you can make a special request if you desire.
- Last Will and Testament Form Format
- The format for creating a Last Will and Testament form is not complicated as it sounds. However, either you use the services of a lawyer, or numerous online softwares or do it yourself, you should make sure that the format addresses the Testator, beneficiaries, executor, provision for children and pets and there is a provision for signatures and dates. It must be simple and devoid of ambiguity. it must have a place for witnesses as it is important for it to be valid. In all, it should be a document that cannot be disputed as a result of inconsistency or misrepresentation.
- What is a Last Will and Testament Form
- A Last Will and Testament form is a legal document which enables you to control your estate distribution after you have passed away. The Last Will also give you the opportunity to appoint a guardian for your minor children and enables you to provide instructions and funds to take care of any pet you have. It is important because it eliminates a situation where your estate will be distributed by a court-appointed administrator using a formula defined in state law if you do not have a Will to be called upon after your death. Here you distribute your property as you wish.
- More Tips about Last Will and Testament Form
1. Put your Last Will and Testament in a safe place. You can create many copies and distribute them to people you trust for safekeeping.
2. Periodically update your Will to reflect the current situation of things. For example, when new properties are added or when a child is born to the family.
3. It is a good idea to have your Last Will and Testament notarized upon signing whether it is required or not in your state. Notary public can be found at any bank branch.