A serious Sworn Statement needs a lot of attention and facts which also means focus and knowledge on how to fill this kind of Law Form. Here is a step by step procedure on how to do so:
1. Gather all the informations needed.If this for an investigation, it is just important to be sure and equipped with all the necessary things that you need. If the person filing this up is a witness, any solid proofs would be ideal so it is better to keep and take care of it. If there is none and pure word of mouth is all that the applicant has, better to write it down or take note of it so each and every detail would be included in the form.
2. Filling up the form. Once that you have the form, remember that the applicant should not fill the form alone. A witness or two is required during this operation and an interviewer, their signatures are needed. Take a keen look at the form and make sure you’ll write everything in their respective boxes.
3. The applicant must fill in first the general information about the event; this includes location, date, time and file number which would be seen in boxes 1 to 4. This is to ensure that it is properly documented and filed.
4. From boxes 5 to 7, the details of the applicant is needed so this means everything that something to do with the identification should written down.
5. In box 9, there is a statement wherein the applicant must write their name to give an oath that this document and the details in it are truthful and accurate. It is included in the document a second page which can be used if the statement in the first page is not enough or does not fit. It can also be copied and used an additional page and if the applicant is going to do so, make sure that the fillable lines on the topmost part of the copies is filled with their initials and the number of page is also written.
6. Once all the statement is done, proceed now to the Affidavit part. In this part, the witnesses must put in and sign their names in their respective boxes or line provided by the document. As well as the person who was assigned and recognized by the law to take the statement.
Special kind of forms like a Law Form must be taken seriously. In order to do so, here are some tips and warnings when obtaining this kind of documents.
1. Find a trustworthy person or the right person to be your witness. It is a very sensitive case so the applicant must find a person who is willing to testify and support you.
2. Write neatly. Everything that has been written in the form must be neat and make sure that everyone who will handle this can read it.
3. Avoid falsification. This means to write everything that is accurate and true, these are the facts that the document needs and not the one that would mislead the investigation or process.
4. Anyone who is proved that has falsified the document may face some punishments and this can be considered as a crime.
5. Read everything carefully, indicated in the form is a WAIVER, in that part the applicant would his or her rights.