Filling a DA Form 2404 should be quite easy for the person in charge of doing so. In case that the applicant find it a bit tricky, here is a step by step procedure on how to fill it out:
1. In the form, there are spaces provided in each and every details needed. First is the name of the organization that is working on the specific equipment that is inspected. Make sure that the name is in general or clearly stated.
2. Next part, from boxes 2 to 9 will be more on identifying and detailing the equipment that is to be expected. Box number 2 must be taken care of correctly, write the detail down specifically. Be sure to write every technical detail of the equipment to be worked on, even the measuring tool.
3. Every equipment for sure has its own manual, which is needed under box number 7. Provide the technical manual number or information for the equipment that is aforementioned.
4. A maintenance inspector’s signature is needed on the following box and this is important so make sure to fill this in for certification purposes. Along with this line is the time box wherein the applicant needs to write down the amount of time that the service has taken.
5. Moreover is a cell box in which the applicant must fill in with the list of the equipments that worked on by the inspector, including its item number, and their status in columns A and B. In column C is the place to provide the problem of the said equipment and on column D is the remedy or the corrective actions needed. Everything must be written down individually. Once that the equipment has corrected, in column E must be signed by the attending personnel.
1. Gather all the informations regarding the equipments that are enlisted on the form. It would help a lot during the process. A maintenance group should have this before and must be keeping some records on some items so this one is always possible.
2. Once the form is done, check for any corrections or make a list first to avoid mistakes when filling up the form.
3. If there are more than two manuals of the equipment is to be used, the filing applicant can add it by attaching at the end of the form.
4. Some DA Form 2404 can be filled out by the attending maintenance personnel but this must be done in the presence of the maintenance group of the army.
5. Make sure that the items enlisted are readable for it will be used in further problems and can be used as a reference. Write the specific identification of the item.