The cricket score sheet can help the scorekeeper to keep a record of the runs and over’s of a cricket match. You can create your own cricket score sheet template and customize it as needed. It is not as difficult as it seems and the following steps will help in creating a good cricket score sheet template for your use.
1.Research and learn all the aspects about the game before creating a template. You can use Microsoft word to create a template, but it is recommended to create a cricket score sheet excel by using Microsoft excel, since many columns are required to be made.
2. There are two main sections to record in the match of cricket. The first section is the batsmen’s section. Create a table and name the first column as “Batsmen”. Below it, keep eleven fields blank to write the names of eleven batsmen.
3. Name the next column as time. The in and out time of these bats are to be recorded here. The next column is the main score of the game called “Runs”. The runs scored by eleven batsmen are to be recorded here after each and every ball. Create those columns.
4. The next columns list the details of the batsmen which should be created in line with the batting section. They are columns like how out, bowler and total.
5. The next section is called the bowlers section. The first column lists the name of the bowlers. The over’s bowled by the bowler are recorded in the next column ,they are named as numbers like 1, 2, 3, etc. the maximum number of over’s in case of a 50 over match can be 10. Create those columns and name them.
6. At the end of the over’s column, the next columns record the details about the balls bowled by the bowler. The columns include wickets, maidens, wide balls, etc. Create those columns and name them.
7. There is also another section to record additional details about the match in line with the batting section. Create the columns and name byes, leg byes, wides, etc. The record in this section is called extras.
8. There are also other additional details included in some of the templates you can also add them into your cricket score sheet excel spreadsheet. And save the document for further use.
1. A cricket scorekeeper must have a thorough knowledge about the game before he starts recording the score.
2. The score recording is a complex procedure and a scorekeeper must keep his eye sharp. He must constantly follow the umpire signals to record match activities.
3. It is recommended to record all deliveries played by the batsmen to be shown. It makes it easy, possible to calculate the balls played by each batsman at the end of each innings.
4. The process of recording in the score sheet starts as soon as the umpire call “Play”.
5. The score keeper needs to confirm their notes at an interval with the umpires. Penalty runs can be awarded to any team suddenly. The scorekeeper must confirm it actively.