Creating a Basketball score sheet template can help record the scores without error while watching the game. The Basketball score sheet template you create can be customized to your needs. It is not as difficult as it seems and the following steps will help in creating a quality basketball stat sheet template for you.
1. First of all, you can create a Basketball score sheet using any program like the Microsoft word, Microsoft excel, etc. Since there are many columns in a single basketball scorebook, it is recommended to create it using Microsoft excel.
2. Open excel, at the top give it a heading ‘Basketball Score sheet’. In the rows below it leave blank fields to mention the name of the teams taking part in the match.
3. Then create a wide table to mention all the details of the match, like date, time, venue, attendance, etc. And just under this wide table create two columns divided equally.
4. On the left create blank fields to mention the name of each player in the team and other details necessary to be recorded. Remember to create it for each team separately one above the other on the same column.
5. On the right, create a list of scores to be checked for each team up to a desired number. Usually it ranges from 1 to 160, the scorekeeper keeps indicating them as the score keeps ticking.
6. Below the two columns in a Basketball score sheet, now you must create fields to mention details about the officials observing the match.
7. Also, you must create another table to mention the scores of each team at every interval. At the end of the spread sheet, create a field to mention the name of the winning team.
8. Save the file and review if any element is left out. You can make changes in the design to highlight the headings if you want.
1. The score keeper must have a thorough knowledge of Basketball game rules for before recording the points and constantly keep an eye on the referee. The referee actively takes part in observing the players and signals to the scorekeeper.
2. Remember to record the names and numbers of team players who may take part and those playing as the starting five players. Also make sure to record the field goals made and the free throws made and missed, and keep revising the points scored.
3. Usually the home team score sheet is considered as official unless it is ruled out by the referee. The score book must remain in the at the scorer’s table throughout the game.
4. Do thorough researches before making a Basketball score sheet yourself to avoid confusion during the game. There are many formats available on the internet and some of them are considered as official templates.